Skip to content

Need Care and Feeding Basenji Book

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    L
    Benjis Mama, how is your dog? Has he recovered? Did he block again? And have you found any treatments or diet that seemed to help?
  • Help Needed

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    sinbajeS
    I would not have posted if I beleived it to be a scam. For folks who do worry about such things - one can always let the person know they would be more than willing to donate directly to the vet clinic for care of their pet. M.C. I too beleive they either got what they needed to help their little girl or they realized they put too much info on craigslist. I am hoping for the former. As for Drew - yes - that is a picture of him. If you really want to know - email me privately and I can send you a copy of an article I was asked to write for an Aussie pubication re: him.
  • What Exactly Do i Need to Do?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    khanisK
    We did the puppies at 3 wks of age. They would like the babes to be off momm for at least a few hours. I did mine overnight to be sure the only DNA in the mouth was their own. With adults, doing it right when they wake up is the best way to go. Let hte FTA card dry an hour + then package and mail. Do NOT send blood samples for the Fanconi test. You will be asked to order a swab if you do. They are running all the fanconi tests [on live dogs] on swabs ONLY. Jon has requested this via several lists.
  • Basenji with problems

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    14k Views
    QuercusQ
    @etzbseder: While I've got people looking at this, my B also has a minor umbilical hernia, I was wondering, how big of an issue is it, and should I get him fixed. Do the potential problems get overweighed by the benefits? That is usually not a big deal. The majority of Basenjis are born with umbilical hernias. Should you get him fixed? As in neutered? Yes. Should you get the hernia fixed? They could do it when they neuter him if it bothers you…but it isn't a health concern unless it is quite big.
  • Lazy basenjis!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    10k Views
    B
    @jys1011: HA HA..I was thinking the same thing…where do I get a bamboo stick?? Asia is the best place.:D :D :D But I do have some in the back yard.:D
  • Jumoke Basenjis

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    9k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    Oh well… at least it brought Jumoke to the foreground again! :-)