What is the right thing to do in this case?

• Hello,
    I am quite new at showing, I have had basenjis before but now is when I started getting my feet into showing, but now that I am trying to get into the sport, I see many things I would have never thought, or at least I was not aware of from the 'outside' world and since I am sure you are all much more experienced and you have been gone through the same, I would like to know your honest opinion. What is the right thing to do when this competitor starts talking about this other competitor and then the other competitor does exactly the same about the first one and then another one comes and tells you not to share info (shows that you or he/she might be attending that doesn't want the other competitor to know)…all these things and you are just caught in the middle. I don't have anything against anybody there and always thought the more the merrier. Am I too naive? Probably too new...

Thanks for your input

• I am not new to showing Basenjis (we got our first show Basenji in 1991). And I have to say that we don't participate in all the drama. I would probably just say, "Well, if he/she asks me, I don't intend to lie."
    I agree with you, the more the merrier. Can't make majors if people are acting like high schoolers. Let the best dog win!

Terry

• I agree with Terry and i am also somewhat new.

• Same as Terry…. I don't participate in the drama.... out here most all the exhibitors share where they are going if asked....

• The way I look at is.. if you don't tell people you are going, it will be harder to build majors. I actually WANT to know people are going to shows so I don't waste money entering a show and then I find out there are no points. Did that once.. don't wanna do it again! I'm new(ish) as well and am not interested in the drama.

• Your answers make lots of sense to me and I will keep it that way, I definitely do not want to end on the ring competing against myself. Those days of High School drama are gone.
    Thank you!

• I'd just tell Exhibitor A to go ask Exhibitor B if they really wanted to know if ExB was going to the next show. That way Ex A can lie (or not) to Ex B and you're not in the middle of it. They can work out their own dynamics.

• @agilebasenji:

I'd just tell Exhibitor A to go ask Exhibitor B if they really wanted to know if ExB was going to the next show. That way Ex A can lie (or not) to Ex B and you're not in the middle of it. They can work out their own dynamics.

LOL! That is a good one! It sounds like a genetics chart! You are very right, if they want to lie/hide info to each other, that is up to them, but I'll keep myself out.

Suggested Topics