Skip to content

Admittedly Odd Puppy Food Question

Basenji Feeding

Suggested Topics

  • Raw Food

    Basenji Feeding
    2
    5 Votes
    2 Posts
    7k Views
    D
    Thanks for posting.
  • Recall: Iams ProActive Health Smart Puppy dry dog food

    Basenji Feeding
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • "human" food or dog food?

    Basenji Feeding
    30
    0 Votes
    30 Posts
    22k Views
    P
    I once had a pup under treatment at the Bristol Veterinary hospital. When they finally sorted the problem I was told now you'll be able to give him real food meaning kibble!1 I always feed raw and whatever but never complete dog food. Having said that it seems that over here we get a new dog food manufactutrer every month and all claim that theirs is the best!!
  • Quick Question…

    Basenji Feeding
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    AndrewA
    I feed twice a day. When Lola was a puppy, she would eat so fast she would throw up at every single meal. I bought a bowl with little dividers in it that forced her to eat slowly. She immediately stopped throwing up. She had to use that bowl for over a year before she learned to pace herself, and now she can finally use a regular bowl without throwing up.
  • Changing food

    Basenji Feeding
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    14k Views
    barklessk9B
    I would highly recommend the fish oil. As I stated before in a previous post, I put Zak on a grain free diet and added fish oil pills daily and a Cosequin DS (glucosamine & chondroitin) capsule sprinkled on his food each day for arthritis and he has not had a problem with arthritis since. There are foods with these supplements included, however, it is my understanding that they are just sprayed on the food. My vet had in the past suggested for my senior dogs at least 1000mg fish oil daily for cognitive health and the arthritis. For Zak and some early kidney disease he is showing she is recommending, and I have also read on line, 100mg fish oil per 10 lbs. of body weight (2500 mg daily). I don't think you're going to find the best level of fish oil supplement in a kibble. Oh, and his coat this year is sooooooooo soft! :)
  • Baby Food?

    Basenji Feeding
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    I give it to dogs who don't eat…or to hide pills in. But not as a regular thing.