Skip to content

Admittedly Odd Puppy Food Question

Basenji Feeding

Suggested Topics

  • "human" food or dog food?

    Basenji Feeding
    30
    0 Votes
    30 Posts
    23k Views
    P
    I once had a pup under treatment at the Bristol Veterinary hospital. When they finally sorted the problem I was told now you'll be able to give him real food meaning kibble!1 I always feed raw and whatever but never complete dog food. Having said that it seems that over here we get a new dog food manufactutrer every month and all claim that theirs is the best!!
  • Best Puppy Food

    Basenji Feeding
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    8k Views
    ?
    It is also important to consider the breed of your dog when choosing the food. Larger dog breeds will always require higher levels of nutrients that prevent bone issues and other health problems later in life. Discuss nutrition with your veterinarian if you aren’t sure about the levels of protein your puppy might need.I would recommend Nature's Variety, Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Natural Balance, and Solid Gold.
  • Rotating food

    Basenji Feeding
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    KanangaK
    Kananga approves. :D Local pet store that I go to carries all of the frozen raw diets offered by Nature's Variety. It's nice to have a good selection to possibly rotate proteins. I thawed out 3 medallions and it only took Kananga 20-30 seconds to realize this was yummy food. He's a big fan of this but hopefully he'll still like his dry kibble. :)
  • Food Time

    Basenji Feeding
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    Robin_n_JackR
    Jack will paw at his water bowl, tip it over, grab and run with it into the living room, throw it around the kitchen…. And not only when it's empty- if he decides he wants fresh water, he'll knock water all over the kitchen floor.:mad:
  • Puppy…

    Basenji Feeding
    25
    0 Votes
    25 Posts
    14k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    @sharronhurlbut: I am a big supporter of the local humane society. They have found even when they offer $$ to have the folks bring back puppies/kittens to have them fixed, most don't do it. The only way they can prevent more dogs/cats in getting the animal fixed before it leaves the shelter. I a perfect world, this wouldn't be needed…but as lots of folks are not going to be bothered to have the surgerys done, this is the only way they can be sure... I am speaking of a all breed humane society. I do see their point... :D great minds think alike. I think we posted these two messages {about people not taking advantage of the reduced/free surgery} w/in seconds of one another. {we share the same local Humane Society}. I agree; I see their point completely.
  • Bad Foods…

    Basenji Feeding
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    20k Views
    B
    [image: 03.gif][image: 09.gif][image: 10.gif] Here's the link for them all. http://www.scaashanghai.org/funstuff_cleaner.shtml