• This is my 2 year old, Jack Russell/ Basenji mix, Auddi (Audderz fro short). One day in June, 2 years ago to be exact, this precious little girl,who was only about a pound and could fit in your hand, wandered into someone's yard, and they brought her into my sisters work, who is a vet. They treated her for ring worm and flees, and no one at my sisters work wanted this precious little gift. So she called us, because we had been looking for a puppy for our kids. Needless to say, we fell in love with her at first sight. We almost lost her in September, 3 months after that due to her contracting the virus PARVO. Luckily we caught it just in time, the vet said 2 more days and she would of died of dehydration. and we also found out that she was only 3 weeks old when we got her, which was sad because she never got to know her mommy apparently. 😞 Since then shes always had issues with being sick and having an upset tummy, and she doesnt like her belly rubbed too much. But other than that, shes our princess, and she's so spoiled and so amazing!.lol

We just recently found out (Wednesday) that she is part Basenji, and not a Chihuahua/ Jack Russell like we thought for the past 2 years. I took my kids to the pound to look at the puppies, and they had the Chihuahua Basenji mix there, and it did look alot like her, but there was still something missing that i couldnt put my finger on. so i did a little research when i got home and just out of whim typed Jack Russell Basenji and the dogs that showed up looked EXACTLY like her, like they came from the same litter almost!lol. im so exstic to finally know a little bit more info about her, so well know what shes like in her older years. I would suggest anyone to get a Jack/russell Basenji mix, especially if you have very energetic kids. Shes sooo hyper but so cute! 🙂 Thanks for reading feel free to ask any q's if need be! 🙂
    attachment_t_13457_0_28206_1302561040991_3676998_n.jpg
    attachment_t_13457_1_lunapic_133835422393009_31.jpg
    attachment_t_13457_2_lunapic_133835422393009_20.jpg

• What a cutie! How big is she? Personally it's a mix I'd never recommend (Basenji/ any terrier) but there you go. Yours was obviously successful.

Welcome to the Forum.

• She definitely looked more Terrier when she was young due to the ears but then they went straight up. It does look like she has any Chi in her. How much does she weigh?

Jennifer

• She is darling, her face looks very basenji to me.

• First Basenji's

Oh, she was a fuzzy little peep of a pup! And I agree, the last picture of her face looks very basenji-ish. Is she very prey driven? Welcome to the forum.

• Shes about medium size but feels like she weighs a ton! shes a very very strong dog. lol

• yea i would say she is. I think shes got very distinct hunting instincts..and shes super protective..i mean she has NEVER tried to bite anyone, but shell bark at them until she realizes that they wont hurt her. Shes gotten better lately but used to be horrible. which is weird cause shes been around strangers her whole life cause we would take her for walks and to the lake around people. She just all of a sudden one day she didnt like people she doesnt know lol

• dont know exactly but she is really heavy and strong.

• Hi, I also have a basenji / Jack Russell mix. He is definitely a hand full. He has the personality of a basenji. The one thing that he has is his floppy ears. His ears don't stand up, but other than that, he is basenji up one side and down the other.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    attachment_p_159025_0_uploadfromtaptalk1339073934678.jpg

• My Basenji/Chi mix looks a lot like her! Big ears, and he also has the white stripe on forehead/face. She is very cute
    attachment_p_159165_0_securedownload-10.jpg

Suggested Topics