Skip to content

I've discovered why basenjis unstuff furniture!

Behavioral Issues

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    9k Views
    P
    Congratulations on the future new addition. Boy/girl is a good combination. As others have advised let them meet on neutral ground and take them for a long walk together. For every good interaction praise both inordinately. As Curlytails says don't rush it. Keep us posted, please and best wishes to you all.
  • 'Beavering' problem

    Behavioral Issues
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    My rottie removed the rockers from my rocking chair, lol. But that is very impressive for sure.
  • I've adopted the anti-christ…

    Behavioral Issues
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    9k Views
    QuercusQ
    @rnasto: Hey all. Thanks for the great advice. Lori is signed up for puppy kindergarder and it started last tuesday. I called her breeder and she said get Lori spayed wait a while and try again it could definetly be a hormone issue. So I guess we will just be patient and try again later. Thanks for the advice cant wait to tell you how it turns out! Spaying will take away the hormonal ups and downs, but it won't change her behavior towards other dogs. Definitely start using some reconditioning steps now, and that way the behavior won't have a chance to become more entrenched. Let me know if your puppy class teaches a 'watch', or 'attention' behavior, if not, I will get you the steps. It is the first step to keeping the dog under control in any situation.
  • The Alpha Theory and Basenji's

    Behavioral Issues
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    9k Views
    tanzaT
    Honestly, I think that all dogs require having someone in the leadership role, setting the rules, boundaries and gaining their respect… I also believe that all humans in the pack should be "above" the dog in that pack pecking order. I really don't think that it applies to just our Breed.... Even in Basenjis you have different personalities ranging from dominate, shy and everything in between...
  • We've got a biter…

    Behavioral Issues
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    luzmery928L
    Even with all his nipping and jumping all that meet him love him, do u blame them?