My pekingse owning parents did not appreciate my baseji!!! LOL

• Thankfully our families are as warped as my husband and I! My parents skype with him, my mother in law kicks us out of the house and makes us leave the dog when we go there for the weekend just so she can puppy-sit. I'll appreciate their love for my fur-baby more from now on!

• My in-laws are half and half. My husbands dad had a dog at one time and likes to have our baby around but my husbands mother dose not like dogs. She's a cat person and has to be reminded just how awesome Brody is.

• My family started out wondering why I would want a basenji but it didn't take long before they came around. Now my aunt owns one and my mom co-breeds with me. My brother has said that if he gets a dog he wants it to be a basenji, he loves my mom's boy Hunter. Many of our family stories seem to involve one basenji or another. They have just sorted of taken root in the family.

• I eco Lisa, I wanted a B as a little girl and got one. Then bought my own as a adult, and my parents got tucker after our first one died. All of my ex boyfriends are either owned by a B or in transit to getting one. 😃 infectious !

Suggested Topics