• Thanks for your input. I got rid of the rawhide chews anyway. She ate breakfast and lunch with some rice mixed in, no diarrhea since 6 am. I cant really do much with the water now, I hope that is not it and if it is I hope she will adjust to it. Should I buy bottled water?

• I got rid of the rawhide chews. The breeder said to add rice to her food which I did. She has not had anymore diarrhea since the 2 episodes this morning.

• It sounds like she may be on the mend. She is eating, hasn't had any more diarrhea. I would just monitor her and hopefully you will see a properly formed stool when she goes next time. I don't think I would worry about the water unless she has more problems. And add me to the list of people who don't like rawhide chews!

• Thanks for the info. I hope she is on the mend, you feel so sorry for them, like a baby. And I will nix the rawhide chews, she likes her soft toys anyway.

• @Benti:

Should I buy bottled water?

I wouldn't bother. Most bottled water has various minerals in it anyway.

• I figured as much. Thanks.

• I used filtered water and bottled when I travel. If using the same water that you drink, then that should be fine. I use Bully Sticks and not rawhide chews.

www.bestbullysticks.com

• It is the same drinking water. I guess I will see what happens.

• @jeannieJ:

hello, I'm a new owner of a basenji, he was dropped in my lap. I don't know how old he is nor does he has papers. he is a good dog and he has grown on me. I would like to know how would I go registering him. I would like to breed him one time. he has he black nose and brindle brown.

Why would you want to breed him? One question that a responsible breeder will ask themselves is "what does this dog/bitch have to offer the breed?" As the purpose of breeding is to always try and improve the breed. When people consider breeding there is lots of research that is done first along with health testing. Pedigree is important when breeding for not only conformation but especially for health and temperament. We do have health concerns in the breed and late onset genetic concerns. You can read about them at www.basenji.org. Without his papers you can not register him with the America Kennel Club so none of the pups would be considered purebreds.

• jeannieJ, is your dog tattooed? You might at least be able to find out something about him if he is. Breeding is not a good idea unless you are experienced, know all about the breed's history and health concerns, and are willing to be responsible for any resulting puppies for the rest of their lives!

Suggested Topics