Wanting a local breeder… Help???

• Hello fellow Basenji lovers! I am looking for a reputable breeder here in Alaska. Anyone have a good contact? I am willing to go to Seattle if I must. Finding one here would be fabulous though. I want one by Christmas for my kids (9&4). They have been asking for a dog for three years, and I have done my research, and want this amazing breed! Thanks to any and all for your help!;)

• Have you ever met a basenji? There are few good breeders in British Columbia as well.

• Contact the Basenji Club of America for breeders list and consider adopting through BRAT (Basenji Rescue and Transport). That said, I really don't consider a basenji a great first dog for children that age–Not your typical dog for sure.

• @Basenjilover74:

Hello fellow Basenji lovers! I am looking for a reputable breeder here in Alaska. Anyone have a good contact? I am willing to go to Seattle if I must. Finding one here would be fabulous though. I want one by Christmas for my kids (9&4). They have been asking for a dog for three years, and I have done my research, and want this amazing breed! Thanks to any and all for your help!;)

If you are interested in visiting a Basenji in person… feel free to email me and we can get that set up for you. There are a number of Khani's Basenjis in Alaska and I am sure their folks would love to share their babies with you. This would give you a better idea if you really do want a Basenji.

Suggested Topics