Skip to content

Not my dog but cool pic!

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    8k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    In your position, where you really have to take her out a lot, I understand. And I hope her comfort continues. My point was it is situational need, not dog need to be that social. :) I have a slim chance of that having worked with my current 2, but with my incredibly dog aggressive first one, I'd have been out in a basket muzzle and warning everyone to keep their dogs away.
  • Dogs in Elk

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    R
    Oh God, I remember the first time I read this, way back in 1999, when this was a listserv. I printed it off, so I could show it to people. I have it saved and still laugh uncontrollably when I read it! Thank god there are no elk in Iowa. It's hard enough to wrestle a piece of pizza away from my two, let alone a carcass.
  • Who is this dog?

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    BenkuraB
    I think I know!!! I think it's Dutch - Abotere's Zahir for Hicel. Oh dear, I speak to this dog at every show :o
  • Perfect dog

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    DukeD
    Funny how good training pays off and makes you proud of the little rascal. Family who've seen Duke in action when he was younger couldn't believe I got another one like him (Daisy). I am a so proud of Duke. Daisy is coming along OK, but we're still going thru all the training . . . it pay off big time.
  • Bad dog!

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    spitfirekrl1S
    That is a great idea, but it should be an adolescent for sure (seems to be the most trying stage). My mom also really liked our dog (the look, the no bark, typical things most people like) and she quickly changed her ideas. We were telling her about the time we had to babysit another dog and the things she did to let us know that she did not like another dog in our house (she did some very naughty things)! My mom said 'wow she is really a manipulating dog'. I said, yeah they are definately not a breed for everyone.
  • Dog aggressive

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    P
    hi, my boy hates dobermans because he was attacked by one, the little ones are fine!!!!.go figure!!. try to introduce through the fence it might take months!!. but give it a try. i didthis last week with a med ,size dob and he wasnt realy sure what to do but didnt'growl or napp at the dog!!!. try this and let me know how it goes, still trying thangs myself too. i'll keep u informed if something works!!.