Skip to content

Caruncula swollen?

Basenji Health Issues & Questions
  • Near the lacrimal caruncle (the thing that eye discharge builds up at), it looks a little swollen near one eye compared to the other. It is very subtle, but definitely there and at the eye that he gets the most discharge at after sleep. Anyone else have experience with this? It isn't in the actual eye but right near the outside of it medially, so closer to the nose.

  • Sounds like the tear duct might be clogged. I would have the vet check it.

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    373 Views
    SavingS
    Urrggh sorry for the slow reply, the forum doesn't send me any notifications and it's so quiet I don't bother to check it regularly. Has he made any progress? If not, It sounds like you need to get an MRI done for Grady which may reveal more than the xray.
  • Hair loss

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    28k Views
    No one has replied
  • Weight issue

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    10k Views
    tanzaT
    @Rebel - Full blood workup including full Thyroid panel (full panel no just what the normal vet workup that is not a full thyroid panel)... as they say make sure that he is in good health. Also what are you feeding him? How much total are you feeding a day? Also with reducing food, add veggies to his food to fill his belly... green beans are good to use... I use Cauliflower and Broccoli... Note also that low normal is typically too low for Basenjis.
  • Not Interested In Eating His Food!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    32
    1 Votes
    32 Posts
    14k Views
    KebasmomK
    @Mmasco If you are still here will you please update me on your pup? I'm interested because I have two of Rocket Man's litter mates.
  • Spay Early or Spay Later

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    22k Views
    senjisillyS
    @mryltis Read this comment from @morgansc within this post dated May 30, 2019, 7:49 AM. It answers your question. Ideally it is best to wait until age 24 months but no early than 18 months. https://basenjiforums.com/post/177284
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    P
    I found the problem with my puppies swollen tee tee to be the hormones I was putting on my arms. She would bite and grab hold of my arms and I guess she was getting some of the hormones that way. I have stopped putting these on my arms and her tee tee is getting better and better.