• We are delighted to say that at the age of 13 months, Kipawa was CERFed last Thursday and is 'NORMAL' with no PPM indicated. His first CERF as a younger puppy did show some minor iris to iris PPM which is now not evident. 🙂

The opthamologist, Dr. Lewis, was wonderful with Kipawa. Kipawa behaved very well - the vibe of Dr. Lewis even relaxed me. Later, still in the dark to be kind to Kipawa's huge pupils, he answered a number of my general 'dog vision' questions. Now Kipawa just needs to get his eyes checked by our vet at his yearly check ups. We're super happy here. 🙂

Even though Kipawa is neutered, we prefer to have all basenji health testing done, even if it is more indicated for breeding basenjis. His Fanconi test is next. I did order the test, but it's obviously lost in the mail. I spoke with someone who told me they would send me another test kit if it didn't arrive last week. So I will call them this coming week to get another kit sent out. Kipawa's parents are pClear and pCarrier.

• Wtg! And exactly, unless all puppies in the litters are tested– show or pet only -- a breeder can't KNOW what they are producing.

• Fran, glad to hear about the eyes. Therese must be thrilled.

• Interesting that the Vet said check up by only the regular Vet? While I don't cerf every year as long as there are no problems, I do CERF every other year and then when about 10yrs, every year.

• @tanza:

Interesting that the Vet said check up by only the regular Vet? While I don't cerf every year as long as there are no problems, I do CERF every other year and then when about 10yrs, every year.

Pat, yes, that's what he said, and I am sorry I didn't question him about his comment.

As I'm very diligent with health care for my pets, and as I respect your knowledge, I think I'll take up your schedule. The cost is minimal for the prevention of any problems.

Suggested Topics