Skip to content

Pet health insurance

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Joint health

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    6k Views
    ChanningsMomC
    Thanks for the input! He does get chicken & duck feet sometimes for a snack!
  • Ear health

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    KipawaK
    @vickilb: My little BRAT, Hunter, LOVES to make his own trails when we go hiking. Last year he got one of those Foxtail seeds stuck way the heck down his eardrum. He had to be put under because it was resting on his ear drum and he wouldn't hold still for the vet!!! $500 later, he is as good as new. Do I take him to the same hiking area, you betcha!!!! Those foxtails are BAD! We have them here in the summer, and they are everywhere, so there is not much we can do. Yes, that kind of vet procedure can cost quite a bit. What we don't do for our fur babies!
  • Health insurance?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    KipawaK
    I plan on putting some money into a savings account monthly, about $75. All the fine print scares me, and I don't want the hassles if something I thought was covered is not.
  • Health Tests

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    lvossL
    The fanconi test needs to be ordered from the OFA website, https://secure.offa.org/cart.html Have you talked to Nilo's breeder about health testing. Without pedigree information his tests alone don't provide a very complete picture since disorders like PRA are late onset.
  • Pet Insurance

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    7k Views
    BARTB
    Just putting it out there…check with your car or homeowners company. They may offer it but not really advertise and you might get a break on price if you are already a client. I've seen commercials for Progressive auto that says that they automatically insure your pet as part of the auto policy. Don't know any details, just a commercial I've seen.
  • 0 Votes
    35 Posts
    18k Views
    K
    yes we have one of these! :D