• Poor little guy!! Hope he gets better soon!!!

• Not sure why you said: Chip was happy and went toward the gate ::: if they were far from the gate and at the beach, but whatever. And btw, I can't walk my dogs here– too many loose dogs. My neighbor walks her chows, but they are BIG chows and at least with her baseball bat, she has a chance. I won't risk it.

I do agree muzzles are not an answer, and the dog simply should not be allowed back. However, if they insist, at least a muzzle gives a little protection so you don't usually end up with a dead dog. I frankly think if your dog needs a muzzle, it shouldn't be at a dog park. However, a dog with a leash AND a muzzle are pretty common and do provide a lot of control when you must take a dog in public.

It sounds like this was a serious wake up call for the family and obviously they care about what happened. That counts, to me, for a whole lot.

• **Readin that story gave me the chills.

I'm glad to see you and your B came thru it OK. I must admit, that once my guys finished schooling as pups, they are never again around other dogs and that's one of the reasons why. I'm out in the country where I can't even see my neighbors house and that's exactly how we like it. If something like that ever happened to one of my B's, they'd have much more to fear from my reaction than any four legged creature in that park.

Just like with children, there's folks that should never have a pet of any kind because they can barely take care of their own needs let alone those that go along with a pet. They'll chain a dog to a wooden box in the back yard and forget about it day & night. Or they'll let it run the neighborhood and expect everyone else to look out for it. If you talk to them they'll tell ya they have this breed dog or that breed, but barely interact with it 5 minutes a day.

Please forgive my rant, it's sad that you had to go thru that, but I'm happy your both recovered..**

• We went back to the park tonight for the first time since the attack and Chip was a little cautious, but found some dog-friends and relaxed. He did stay very close to us. Still has swelling and tenderness, scabs, on one side of his neck but physically and emotionally, he seems to be OK.

Thanks again to all my web-friends for the support!

• Anne, I am so sorry to hear Chipley was hurt. I know how you love to be at the dog park. I love seeing the pictures you share.

debbi j.

Suggested Topics