Skip to content

Basenji T-Shirts

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenjis Don't Fear Noise?

    Basenji Talk
    19
    1 Votes
    19 Posts
    6k Views
    P
    I've been involved with Basenjis for many years and can only remember one occasion where one Basenji was startled by one particular noise ( ice cream mixer van starting up), otherwise they seem completely immune to noises even the loudest ones. Of course there will always be the odd exception.
  • Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    12k Views
    P
    @ktiefen1 You would be correct!! Potty Training eventually came easy because ours is so treat motivated....lol. Basic obedience is a challenge for us......ahe is definitely her own girl....and please dont disturb her sleep. You could lose a limb. ::)))))
  • Funny, he dosen't look Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    Buddys PalB
    @Mr: I guess B's aren't the only ones. I just love the captions on these photos! So clever! I have to over see any toys I have with Uzie and Candi my hound mix (to whom Uzie is really bonded) She starts the destuffing, and he gladly finishes it. Kongs and the like are the only thing I can leave in the toy box. The first week I had him, he swallowed the tail end of an unstuffed toy. Biggest hair ball I ever saw! then I had to bring him for a barium study as he just was not right….I have been paranoid ever since! But, he only tears and does not swallow now, I think he was so excited to be out of a crate and just started the mouthy puppy stage "lets see what this world is made of" at age 18mos. I can't help but laugh when he wants to remind me of dinner time and he picks up the end of a doggy bed and looks at me to see if I am aware of him...
  • A basenji

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    21k Views
    Chealsie508C
    There's nothing like a basenji in the works, from the way they instinctively lay with their had on the bum looking the other way ( I've never met a B that doesn't) to the way you KNOW they all rub on wet towels or play bow…it's all very endearing and in this breed you often identify traits that they all have, an insight into their genetics and their behaviors. I've never enjoyed a breed so much.
  • Basenji Song-Moon Over Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Oh Barklessdog, you are a brave person. I must now stand with you in insane-solidarity and admit I bought it too. It is awful but when you get the line "we couldn't say goodbye so we took him home" part, you know you got to help support the woman. lol
  • Is this a basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    37
    0 Votes
    37 Posts
    26k Views
    DukeD
    @phoenix3: Looks like a B to me but i think more of a B mix he looks like he has corse hair Maybe be has the size of a cattledog body and a basenji head :) My Aspen is a cattledog/ terrier mix he has the body of a cattledog {the colors} and the height and face of a terrier heres a pic so u can see the colors of the cattledog well one color anyways :D :D phoenix3 - this is Aspen? I'm so amazed at her spots, because my Daisy has spots like Aspens. We know her mother is pure R/W Basenji and she is thought her other half Beagle. One of her other litter mate moms thought Blue Healer (cattledog). But I subscribed to the Beagle. Daisy could be … Cattle Dog I suppose. She's bigger than Duke now at almost 9 months old. I will show her off soon on "Show Off" forum soon.