• Sonnyboy:
    I hope that you read this post. There is a need by Dr. Johnson who is leading the search for the direct Fanconi gene that he is looking for a confirmed PRA Basenji that is also Fanconi DNA tested clear. I don't remember if you ever posted his Fanconi status, but if he is clear, then his blood could make a difference between finding the gene sooner rather then later along with finding the gene for PRA. Not asking that you post public as you have already indicated that you didn't want to do that. But if you contact me privately (go to my website for email link) I can give you the name of the contact person on the BCOA health committee that you can give information to OR ask your breeder to contact this person. If you or your breeder wishes to have this information not made public, that is what will be done. We are in urgent need of a blood sample for this project.

Thank you!

• Sonny also has cataracts Pat and he is too young for the typical PRA we have and that Lisa Hart is looking for, so he is not exactly what is needed as she stated to the HRC.

Lisa if Sonny's second opinion with the guru optho's comes up as PRA - drop me a line and I can get you in touch with Lisa Hart. If is second opine is not PRA - YEAH! and no need to contact anyone - though I will personally want to know. Fingers crossed.

• I already gave her Lisa's information to contact through a private email, Linda when she contacted me directly

• I'm sorry to hear about your baby's problem but remember dogs adapt to these things so well. 30 years ago my beloved GSD developed cataracts and as a result could only see the difference between light and dark for the last 5 years of his life, and he coped beautifully, as long as we didnt rearrange the furniture.

On an additional serious note, our 16 yo Jindo, Sami, suffered a heart attack yesterday morning, was in serious pain and our vet had to put her down. As with all primitive breeds she was a handful her whole life but we loved her more because of her DGAS attitude. Please say a little prayer for Sami. Thanks

• We are so sorry to hear about Sonny's vision loss - as others have said, he will adapt, and take it one day at a time. The sadness and loss is worse for you than for him. Lots of love and being his "guide human" will make his life rich and eventful.

• Mr BaRoo i am very sorry to hear of the loss of Sami. Perhaps you could do him a tribute thread when you feel up to it.
    Run free Sami

Suggested Topics