Skip to content

BRAT Blog Posting- Transport Experience

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Brat Rescue and Transport; How they really treat rescues

    Basenji Talk
    177
    0 Votes
    177 Posts
    117k Views
    elbrantE
    @helle-devi I notified BRAT shortly after "Heather" started the rant. I was concerned about several points (administering/adjusting med dosage without Vet approval/advice, ignoring Vet advice, and on and on). They called an emergency board meeting and took prompt action. Unfortunately, legal processes take time. All the while, Heather continued her rant. And more astonishing details were revealed. By the time Heather sent her first (wall of text itself) post, BRAT had already sent Heather an email explaining that they were reclaiming "Declan". Indicating that BRAT was already aware that things had gotten out of hand. I think Heather was a good "foster Mom" when she first started doing it. But something ... somewhere along the line ... started unraveling for her. I don't wish her any ill will. I do hope that she finds her way back. But I still think removing Declan from her home was "for the best". sigh (note: I do not know if Declan is still with her or not, Heather might have actually signed that agreement, but I doubt it.)
  • Transport Question

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    D
    If he gets along with other breeds of dogs, perhaps taking him to doggy day care or a dog park would help. I would definitely ask Brenda about this first. Some Bs do not get along with small white fluffy dogs as they think they are prey! Jennifer
  • BRAT is an amazing group

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    KirstenK
    Very cool! Thanks for posting that!:)
  • Post-partum depression?

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    Good to know that Lana is ok after all.
  • BRAT needs our help….

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    8k Views
    srjeeperS
    We've just slipped to 8th. :eek: PLEASE VOTE….PLEASE VOTE DAILY....We can do this.....;)
  • Odd dog sitting experience

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    ibi_n_saneI
    oh yes that is so true!! but the labs that I know are way more hyper then my basenjis :D