• Hi,
    We have been looking for another basenji to add to our family for a while now but to date we have not been very successful. Any information on any pups/young Basenji's or planned litters would be much appreciated.
    Thanks Rubi.

• hi Rubi -

Do you have something there like the Basenji Club of America? It lists many reputable breeders. Where did you get the basenji you have?

• If you contact the breeder of your current Basenji, they should be able to help find you another pup and/or breeder. Or you could contact the Secretary of Basenji Club of Great Britain. He keeps a record of all expected litters.

• The BCGB secretary is also now the coordinator of Basenji Rescue - he may know of an older dog there if you don't want a puppy.

As Benkura says why not contact the breeder of Travis also.

• I didn't even know there was a rescue in the UK… How often do they get dogs ??

• @Patty:

The BCGB secretary is also now the coordinator of Basenji Rescue - he may know of an older dog there if you don't want a puppy.

As Benkura says why not contact the breeder of Travis also.

Okay that makes me very happy! I love with the merge of Breed Club and rescue is so obvious! 🙂

• Schouiffy, there is indeed a Basenji Rescue in the UK - at times there are sevral dogs there but at present there don't appear to be any but you never know! We are very fortunate not to have as many (even proportionately) to the USA.

What a pity it would be so expensive and complicated to take some of the USA Basenjis. There is often a waiting list for rescue Basenjis here so it's often possible to rehome dogs direct from the original home..

Debra - it is unusual for a club officer to have this position but unfortunately the other coordinators resigned and nobody could take on the job. I don't think that there are the dedicated people here that you have in the USA and Canada. I do admire the hard work that is put in to rehome Basenjis there.

Suggested Topics