• Try to meet up with as many breeders as possible, even if you have to drive some miles to see them and to meet the puppies. Getting the idea of the energy level and all-around demeanor is really important, and you should see that yourself. No offense to breeders who don't work their breeding programs this way for their unique reasons/situations.

Are there any shows coming up in your area? You may be able to speak with a few breeders. On occasion there are pups available. Just a thought.

• Kipawa- I have been at my breeders several times now and feel good about their dogs and have full opportunity to see the parents, did a lot of talking to others but never visited any of them, I live in MA and I dont know of many in my area…regarding shows- I would certainly go to some if anyone knows of any upcoming?? I know as long as our personal relationship isn't ruined she is the breeder I expect a puppy from, I have a fondness for their dogs...I just hope there will be one that fits my home and I am sure there will be :rolleyes:

• Would this breeder, as they are close, be bringing the dog you choose to your home? It's the final way to see if the new owner and the puppy will be a good fit.

• Kipawa- I believe I will be picking the puppy up because we have discussed what size crate I will need in order to pick him/her up in…however, I wouldn't be opposed to a home visit...and just to clarify because I didn't make it clear- they will be picking the puppy for me, with my input I'm sure...I have no problems in that because they are so thorough they will do a much better job at picking the right puppy for me

Suggested Topics