• OMG I don't know HOW as this is a subscribed thread, but I missed this. Then got notice of an Arwen adopting Nayru in TX and knew it must be you. Senility is a sad thing but CONGRATS big time! Now have to go find your new thread and pics.

@Arwen:

Debra, I do hope you can find your Chow. As an ex-groomer, that is a breed that I was never very fond of. The good ones were amazing but the bad ones really ruined that breed for me.

Chows… I adore them. But stupid owners and bad owners can result in nightmare dogs. Chows not raised right do have a lower bite threshold than most dogs I have been around. Chow breeders deny it, but we have had chows in my family ... well since my mother was a child so all my life and 20 of hers. Someday join our FB chow group and meet what they should be like... almost all of us pet owners too, mostly rescues, so not the cream of the crop and still great dogs because in great homes.

• One of my chow customers was named Tedioso Great. Teddy was an amazing dog. We called him a lab in a chow coat. Then a fellow groomer clipper burned his groin area. He never even flinchec, much less bit. They brought him into the office to show the burn (it was a fairly bad one) and Teddy jumped in my lap. LOL I think he thought I could save him. I adored that fuzzy lump.

Others? Oh wow. Most of my stories about them involve stitches and plastic surgery. Not on me but on my fellow groomers. I charged a premium and made the owner stay with the dog.

Suggested Topics