Skip to content

AYO, training for the show!

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Is She Too Old Too Train?

    Show Off Your Dog
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    7k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    She is not too old to train, but even saying that, she is a basenji, and no matter the age, a bored basenji will find things to entertain herself, often things we would prefer she not touch. A companion helps, but even so, given temptation a basenji will usually go for it. Think "baby-proof" your house with a baby who can climb, leap, dig and chew. As said above by others, toys which present a challenge will also help.
  • Ayo in the sun

    Show Off Your Dog
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    KipawaK
    No wonder Ayo looks so happy - all that basenji loving sunshine. He's a splendid looking little fellow!
  • Trio training

    Show Off Your Dog
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    crystalncodyC
    That's awesome. I was also wondering how you were going to train all three at once. They are so adorable. I like the markings on the other red boy… looks like a "J" on the back of his neck. And the huge puppy ears on all of them! And the... ok, I have to quit watching or I will have myself talked into a puppy next season.
  • Coursing training

    Show Off Your Dog
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    nala121498N
    I love the side to side picture! Beautiful dogs and pictures!
  • Ring training

    Show Off Your Dog
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    8k Views
    PetraP
    I was little bit affraid tahat Mody wiould be interested in other dogs and not in me, but how I was suprised (and all the audience including judge) when lttle princess was running by me and lookind at my face with head queeny up….she was excellent, made for ring:) I think she was really enjoying the attention:)
  • Show off YOU photos!

    Show Off Your Dog
    41
    0 Votes
    41 Posts
    25k Views
    nala121498N
    @YodelDogs: Pic of me and Plum taken a few years ago. [image: Robynorgplum1.jpg] Aw, so nice to put a face with all of the wonderful pups and advice!