• First Basenji's

I'm in Bologna, Italy for 10 days.

First day, wandering around downtown, I already saw two basenjis! One stout-looking red & white, the other looked like a mix.

I can't help but check out the dogs in this lovely city.

• It's so exciting when you see another Basenji, isn't it.
    Hope you enjoy your stay.

• I vibrate when I see a basenji when I am out and about.

• What fun…..

• First Basenji's

Kipawa, haha. Vibrate mode on? I know what you mean though. I wanted to stop the owner and gush about and meet their dogs. Sure the Italians I've met are nice, but they don't necessarily want any crazy non-Italian-speaking tourist petting their dog and taking pictures!

• but they don't necessarily want any crazy non-Italian-speaking tourist petting their dog and taking pictures

You'll never know if you'll not do it 😃

Maybe you can ask on italian basenji forum if there is any basenji owner from Bologna who would like to met you 😉 (I know only one breeder from Venice, but in Bologna I don't know anybody) http://basenji.hyperboards.com/index.cgi

• First Basenji's

Oh Tiva, thanks for sharing!

I think I'm too shy to do that though. Actually, I'm here for an academic conference… I've still got one more day of "business" to take care of, then I have a week afterwards to explore. If I bump into those basenjis again, you're right, maybe I should just ask.

I did find a dog park close to where I'm staying. I think I'll go down there one afternoon and just hang out for a little bit... I miss my fur babies badly, but my partner is back in California taking care of them. I'll be home soon.

Suggested Topics