• On our walk yesterday we came across this "abandoned" soccer field. We really enjoyed it there, and will be taking more trips to that area. It's located about a 40 minutes walk from home, but the walk is really nice, and the field is worth it. It's smack in the middle of a forest/hike area, so there are no cars etc.

I didn't take many pictures, we had such a great time I totally forgot to take pictures during out stay! We stayed for 3 hours..as picture nr 8 shows!

There were tons of sticks to chew on, and for me to throw! Good times!

1. The soccer field

2. Scouting the area

3. Strike a pose

4. Relaxing

5. Pose 2

6. Sweet sun-rays

7. Found a Frisbee

8. Can't walk any farther! Here Gizmo just plopped down on the grass on our way home. His legs all limp! 😃 We are only 3 minutes away from home, so I carried him…he moaned and sighed of relief when I did. He snored and slept for HOURS once on the couch!

• Looks like you found a nice treasure to take Gizmo to. I would say he was enjoying the sun too. You stayed 3 hours plus the 40 minute walk to and from?

• Yeah, well maybe not completely 3 hours at the field. We left at 1, and were back home almost 5.

I wanted to go today too, but Gizmo just sat on his bum not wanting to walk that way. I think he is still a bit tired from yesterday. I'm gonna take a stopwatch next time to see just how long it takes to get there.

• Lovely pictures and what an adventure for Gizmo!

• Looks like a great place, Gizmo is a handsome chap

• What a lovely private little area to have time to play. Lovely pics of Gizmo, he is quite the poser! 🙂

• Nice pics. Sounds like Gizmo has you trained nicely.

• Houston

What a wonderful find…good for you and Gizmo.
    Great pictures, is summer finally there?

• Clear to see from your photos that Gizmo really loves the sun. Wonderful that you found someplace so isolated for him to play in.

• None of those nasty German Shepards there to ruin a nice day!!!!

• Thanks for the nice comments!

@Kipawa:

What a lovely private little area to have time to play. Lovely pics of Gizmo, he is quite the poser! 🙂

Yes, he does like to stand proud. :p

@Basenjimamma:

What a wonderful find…good for you and Gizmo.
    Great pictures, is summer finally there?

Not quite. We might get one or two days of intense sun and heat, only to get a cold cloudy or rain filled day the next. It's really messed up! Like today, all clouds…so depressing. 😞

@vickilb:

None of those nasty German Shepards there to ruin a nice day!!!!

Damn straight! 😉
    Although there is a riding (horses) path in the same area, and we ran into them on our way home. Gizmo was frozen in his tracks when he spotted them!

Suggested Topics