• This guy is running out of time in CA
    http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17112770
    -Joanne

• @DebraDownSouth:

You know Joanne, money couldn't be tighter right now, but if my $30 would help, count me in.

The three dogs are still there… I could also help with $30 if someone is nearby to get them. I posted on the BRAT page on Facebook too; maybe someone near Quinton OK can get them. Do you realize these dogs were posted in the "Farm & Garden" section of Craig's List? Sadly, these dogs aren't pets, they are livestock. 😞

• Its heartbreaking to us who treasure our b's…but sadly, these "farmers" don't see these dogs as anything more than a cash crop...sigh...

• Since the USDA handles commercial dog breeding, it is definitely considered farming. In many of the states the rules for dogs are under the Dept of Agriculture or something similar.

Jennifer

• Here is another girl in need of a home, listed on CL near Albany NY:

http://albany.craigslist.org/pet/1900379877.html

"zanyah is a barkless breed.her breed is besenji. she is not spayed, or crate trained. she has a great personality, and loves to be around people and sleep in bed with you…..she walks without a leash...i have a nine month old daughter and she gets along great with her...we just cant keep her anymore because of the landlord...there is a rehoming fee of 100 dollars for her...if interested please email....serious inquiries only thankyou"

• Sweet 7 month old Basenji (Oak Harbor) Washington state

Date: 2010-08-13, 3:03PM PDT
    Reply to: comm-wkvc8-1897389978@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

7 month old female Basenji. Please know or have researched this breed prior to emailing me about her.
    There is a rehoming fee. She is not registered, but 100% Basenji.
    She is good with kids, but like any other Basenji, doesn't like to be bothered when sleeping. She is potty trained and crate trained. Good with male dogs, but right now we are having problems with her and my husbands female terrier. I am now moving back home where I cannot have a dog, so my little dream dog needs to find her new perfect home.
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1897389978

I posted to her asking if she would turn this b over to BRAT…no response, so am hoping someone who knows b's will go get her.
    Sigh.

• fortunately the ad was removed for Cheba, I just hope she contacted rescue.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Sweet 7 month old Basenji (Oak Harbor) Washington state

Date: 2010-08-13, 3:03PM PDT
    Reply to: comm-wkvc8-1897389978@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

7 month old female Basenji. Please know or have researched this breed prior to emailing me about her.
    There is a rehoming fee. She is not registered, but 100% Basenji.
    She is good with kids, but like any other Basenji, doesn't like to be bothered when sleeping. She is potty trained and crate trained. Good with male dogs, but right now we are having problems with her and my husbands female terrier. I am now moving back home where I cannot have a dog, so my little dream dog needs to find her new perfect home.
    ? Location: Oak Harbor
    ? it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1897389978

I posted to her asking if she would turn this b over to BRAT…no response, so am hoping someone who knows b's will go get her.
    Sigh.

I heard back from this person, they're asking for a $250 rehoming fee. After I suggested turning the puppy over to rescue or returning the puppy to the breeder, I didn't hear back from them.

• http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/for/1911850141.html

Basenji dog 6 months old - $750 (Montreal)

–------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2010-08-21, 6:12PM EDT
    Reply to: sale-gvah5-1911850141@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

–------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basenji, rare race, fine dog. Family matters changed the time that we have to spend with the dog, so we are considering selling him.

Calm dog, although not perfect I'd say he's the calmest dog I've owned, easy. Dog loves people and is perfect if you own other dogs, he loves to play with them but is not overbearing and often will follow their lead.... cats not so much 🙂

The dog is sterilized and has all recommended basic vaccines, he's a show stoper everywhere he goes. A lady said that he was a Zen dog, which describes Buddy well. You'll find good information on this race on the web, very interesting breed.

Message for more info, serious inquiries only please.

Basenij, race rare. La situation familiale coupe le temps que nous avons pour passer avec lui, malheureusement.

Chien calme, pas parfait bien s?r mais est facilement le chien le plus calme que nous avons eu. Il aime les gens et surtout les chiens mais n'est pas trop stress? ou stressant, il s'acclimate rapidement aux autres chiens et aime vivre en meute.

Il est sterilis? et a tous les vaccins de base recommand?s. il est remarqu? partout o? il va. Une dame a fait la remarque qu'il ?tait Zen, ce qui le d?crit bien. Faites vos recherhces sur le web, race de chien avec une longue historique.

Courriel pour toutes info, acheteur s?rieux svp.
    attachment_p_118388_0_0-b-montreal.jpg

• http://tucson.craigslist.org/pet/1911698965.html
    How sad. An 11 yr old needs a new home.

Suggested Topics