Fruit juice

I was wondering if any of you ever let your B's drink anything other than water. I have a co-worker that lets her dog drink apple juice as a treat occasionally. This is something that I have never thought about because of the sugar content. Any thoughts on this?

I've never given our girl anything but water. And melted ice cream… ha! 🙂

Stormie has snuck sips of my wine and beer - he's tried orange juice and hates it. He's a little sneak - I never catch him drinking it until he starts sneezing in my glass and he gives himself away! 🙂

Ozzie and Lacie will both try and sneak licks of our wine and beer as well, they seem to really like the stuff for some reason.

fender is such a little nose! he has tried everything, (not with permission!) he tipped over a glass of v8 splash and was lapping it up!

When we were in college we had some guys down the street from us who would let their dogs get drunk. I never saw it with my own eyes but I think I am glad I didnt. I guess I would think that givening to much juice would mess up their sugar levels. But I am not an expert here.

Only water here..but C3 has been caught gulping my ice tea right from my cup WITOUT tipping it over so as not to get caught SNEAKY 😃 😃

I give only water but Myran is always trying to get a sip of my coffee with milk.

Wine and Milk are a favorite here….gggg

I certainly hope they do not mix the wine and milk that would be an awful mixture the milk would go off in the wine blaaah…...;))))

Cranberry juice on food from time to time - My B's have never processed Apples of any sort well so I don't do Apple Juice. My folks used Craberry juice on dog and cat food for many years - no issues with UTI's even in the cats so it may have helped.

If you leave your coffee down on a table that Sahara can reach she will try to drink it. She loves the stuff, hubby and I both use Hazelnut cream and sugar, so I guess she likes it too. She will also sneak ice tea, but her favorite is bottled water. Lots of H2O here.

Looks like your connection to Basenji Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.