Skip to content

Puppy registration

Breeder Talk
  • If my companion puppy is bought in the United States, but resides with me in Canada (I'm Canadian), will he be registered with the AKC or the CKG? I don't plan on breeding, but may enjoy obedience, coursing or therapy work.

  • You can dual register him. Register him with AKC and then use the AKC registration to qualify for CKC registration.

Suggested Topics

  • Dog Habari Puppies

    Breeder Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    7k Views
    O
    No, it won't be the same. I recently lost a beloved dog myself. I'm so sorry.
  • Why Do Puppies Cost So Much?

    Breeder Talk
    44
    0 Votes
    44 Posts
    36k Views
    M
    So, the fanconi is on each pups or on the parents or both? I was making some accouints about how much can expect to spent on a future litter.. well here on Mexico.. the people dosnt make hip, eyes or worst.. the fanconi.. but anyway the pups are sell for aprox 400 us.. but there is no explanation about the cost.. I think there is no need to put on the account the food of the parents, electricity and so .. because the parents food are responsible of the owner.. i dont expect that someone pay for the cost to me to have an basenji.. but well there are other cost that i see is ok to include.
  • Puppy Pack articles ???

    Breeder Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    misspodhradskyM
    @tanza: I offer a guarantee for life… I will always take back that puppy/adult if necessary. This is not to say that I will "refund" money, because I don't (however each situation is different, so I would never say never). But I will support any of my puppy owners and if I can will help support in the care of that puppy if a problem comes up. There is no breeder that can honestly guarantee that a puppy/dog will not come up with some problem some time in his or her lifetime, so I find and "guarantees" are pretty much a joke when people say you have a 1, 2, 3, whatever amount of time... as a responsible breeder you are in it for life. I offer a lifetime guarantee to take a puppy back. I meant that the guatantee is for 3 years that I will replace or refund a puppy. After the three years i will still take back a puppy at anytime i just wont give them a puppy or a refund. I would always support any puppy throughout its life and would never deny a puppy back into my life. I love dogs and no matter what i am responsible for the dogs that I would produce. I offer lifetime commitment to the owners and the puppies And I didnt realize this. I thought everyone was supposed to have a Guarantee. but i offer a replacement puppy for 3 years. (a partial refund might also be offered in certain instances. then I do not allow a replacement puppy but, like i said, id always take back a puppy.
  • Understanding "Registration"

    Breeder Talk
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    9k Views
    Patty MP
    I will do the Fanconi test, for my own peace of mind. When my Lucy died, it was so unexpected that I wonder if she had it; I got her from a young gal that bred her two basenjis, so I never knew her pedigree. I was surprised to see the AKC Registration numbers for both of Halo's parents, knowing that she came from a mill, and I went on AKCs web site to validate that the number is valid. I am also impressed that the basenji website even had little Halo recognized as a dog…. how did she do that? :)
  • Registration

    Breeder Talk
    31
    0 Votes
    31 Posts
    15k Views
    S
    We are all so very happy that you found this site, and know now, what you need to re your basenji.
  • No Puppys

    Breeder Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    lvossL
    Did you confirm pregnancy? You need to get her to a vet. They will probably need to do x-rays and if an ultrasound is available then ultrasound to check heartbeats for fetal distress.