• @Nemo:

LOL! That is funny. Sometimes, I feel like I'm the one getting shown. :rolleyes: Actually what Nicole meant was that Clay (me, human) will be showing Zoni (crazy little black & white basenji girl) on that Saturday along with several other people. The time we are actually in the ring won't be posted for another couple of days. I'll post it when it is available. If you miss the initial ring time, there will also be a basenji in both the Amateur-Owner-Handler Hound Group and the regular Hound Group competition later in the day too. The unique thing about this show is that it is benched, so even if you aren't around when we are in the show ring, all of the dogs will be on "display" during the rest of the time. You'll be able to meet and greet a lot of different breeds so I think it might be a lot of fun. Benching ends at 4:00, I think. There will be about 5 basenjis in the benching area, l believe. This will be my first (and probably my last :rolleyes:) benched show. Hope to see you there!

Edit: Here is the website for the show. http://www.ikcdogshow.com/

Clay

Grace,

Here is the link to the judging program for the IKC show. If you look at page 12, you'll see the ring times for the basenjis and the benching location. On Saturday, the time is 10:40 in Ring 3, but if you go one of the other days the times are listed there too. Benching is from 9-4 so we should generally be in that area most of that time. On Sunday there will be the meet the breeds booth. Zoni's breeder (she's from New Lenox) will be at it along with Nicole. Hope to see you there!

http://www.onofrio.com/jp/INTE1JP.pdf

Clay

• I have never been to a dog show but I am going to try to come. What is benching?

• @Grace:

I have never been to a dog show but I am going to try to come. What is benching?

Benching is when the dogs entered in the show are required to be there for people to visit and/or ask questions about for the entire show time. There are not that many left in the US, they are long days for both the dogs and their owners… but they are there for many hours for people to meet and greet...

• @Grace:

I have never been to a dog show but I am going to try to come. What is benching?

That basically means that you will be able to walk around and look at all of the dogs of different breeds in designated locations when they are not in the show ring competing (like on Westminster on TV tonite). Most other dogs shows, after we're done competing in the show ring, we can go ahead and leave if we want. At this show, we have to stay around in the benching area until about 4:00. This kind of show is better for spectators like yourself who may want to go around and see a bunch of different types of dogs, find out what they are like, and talk to the owners. This is will be my first one, and possibly my last just because of the hassle and entries for basenjis are typically low.

Suggested Topics