Skip to content

Over we go

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Going on Vacation.

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    V
    Wizard, thats pretty much what I was hoping to hear. In regards to training, I meant along the lines of enforcing good behavior, like sitting down to have his leash taken off or waiting for a release to eat, not digging at the furniture. Stuff like that. I don't expect my roommate to "obedience train" my pup. Overall I have a lot of trust in him, we have lived together for 3 years and been friends for the past 7 years. Even if he doesn't have a vested interest in the dog, he has a pretty vested interest in our friendship. Khani, I think Jean is in South Africa right now, and I would prefer to have him stay home if possible. It looks like everything will work out. Also, Both Jean and Kyle spoke Highly of you and your dogs. Thanks again for the advice everyone
  • Here We Go Again

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    @Kipawa: Yesterday in Vancouver, BC we had what amounted to a monsoon. It spent most of yesterday raining down here in Washington also. My wife had to chase my two down the steps first thing in the morning for them to go outside. They gave me the "Yeah… not going to happen" look when I opened the door for them to go outside for our walk.
  • Going under the blade

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Glad everything went well for Isis
  • Where did the cube of butter go?

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    Vicki, I am glad she didn't get sick, the poop Gus had was unreal, never seen anything like it.. Yes Otis is a junk food junkie..I guess since he eats raw, when he steals it better be good tasty, not so good for you food.. Today Otis is not feeling hip at all, he wouldn'ty eat his breakfast and he just threw up twice on our nice newish dogbed…great.. Poor baby, and it is his 9 mo old birthday today...
  • Does your Basenji go umph?

    Basenji Talk
    51
    0 Votes
    51 Posts
    31k Views
    tanzaT
    @felakuti: our felakuti goes barooooooo when he is very very happy. :) we decided to get that little female basenji at Debbie's Petland, the one with the 5 toes..We have named her Queen Nyahbinghi after a warrior queen of the 19th century in Uganda…her call name is Nyah. :) so now we have two lovedoveys. :) Good luck with your pup….. hopefully you got her for a reasonable price... I would be interested to know if AKC papers came with her... and what the breeding is, if available.... also would hope that with the time she spent in the Pet Store, this will show them that a Basenji is not a good business decision.....
  • What does your Basenji do when he needs to go out?

    Basenji Talk
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    14k Views
    torchsongT
    She-Ra goes to the door, then looks over her shoulder at us. Problem is, sometimes she's playing a game with us, where she just wants to see if we'll get up and open the door. We're putting a stop to that by putting her out forcibly if she starts to walk away so she knows if we get up to open the door she's going out. Period.