Skip to content

3 TN Basenjis

Basenji Rescue
  • I adopted my B from Americas Basenji Rescue. I got a message from them yesterday of a lady in TN who is very ill and would like to place her 3 13 year old Basenjis. I would take them but I am not sure that mine would get along with them and I also work full time, so I am afraid that I could not give them the attention they need. The lady is willing to pay their plane fair anywhere just to make sure that they have a good home. If you or anyone you know may be interested, please e-mail me at mecarr05@gmail.com.

    Thank you and god bless.

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    6k Views
    WeLuvBasenjisW
    We rescued our current B from Medfly - just north of LA. Karen at Medfly was wonderful to work with and we love our little girl!
  • 0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    P
    I also thank you for being so good to give this boy a,home. it sounds as though he's had a really rough time in the past but I know you'll make up for all that. I hope he gives you a lot of pleasure.
  • 3 basenjis in Quinton OK

    Basenji Rescue
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    D
    Has anyone e-mailed the seller to find out what these dogs have been used for? Were they breeding dogs and where did they live? Is there anyone with experience with these types of dogs that could take a look at them and lives closer? Does anyone know their pedigree or at least sire and dam? They are of the age that Fanconi usually strikes. I am concerned since breeding season is coming up and it looks like they all live in the same kennel. I find this unusual but perhaps the owners do not have a lot of kennels.
  • Basenji in portland, OR

    Basenji Rescue
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    P
    Here's what I know: 2 bites to one foster mom. The first was over chicken, trying to take it away from him. The second was over going into the crate. I have not seen any aggression over the crate unless you're forcing him in, he goes in great with a little treat, and now we don't even have to do that. He sleeps in the crate and goes in there when he's not supervised or we're not home. I think she needed stitches for both, but she's older and disabled.
  • Keoki the Basenji

    Basenji Rescue
    42
    0 Votes
    42 Posts
    24k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    Macpack, Thanks for the update. It is nice to know that Kona and Keoki are so happy together and that Lisa and her husband must feel so good knowing they did a great thing..
  • Looking for a basenji lover to adopt 3 1/2 yr old

    Basenji Rescue
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    9k Views
    S
    Its very hard not to be judgemental, but when I deal with folks rehoming their dogs, I do try to be kind. At least until I get the dog out of the home. Then I vent to my dog rescue friends. Sometimes, you just have to.