Skip to content

New Puppy Name

Basenji Puppy Pen

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    18 Posts
    8k Views
    S
    Hi everyone! New Basenji owner here from Melbourne, Australia. I know this topic is a couple of months old but I thought I'd just add my experience for anyone else needing help with puppy biting. My wife and I had been having mouthing/biting trouble with our (now) 12-week old pup for the last week. The behavior has improved almost instantly by following the advice in this video. She's still pretty mouthy but it doesn't escalate the way it did before when we'd try and stop her from doing it/yelping/saying '"NO". I think everything we were doing was just turning it into the funnest game ever for her! https://youtu.be/bd1Q56Mfp4M
  • New puppy owner Questions

    Basenji Puppy Pen
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    31k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @basenji_life The vet can manipulate to see if something severe is wrong, but hips xrays need to wait til 6 mos (OFA) or (I think.. too tired to look) 4 mos.. oh heck I have to look.. "The PennHIP method can be reliably performed on a dog as young as 16 weeks old."
  • Name ??

    Basenji Puppy Pen
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views
    LindaHL
    Jamesg1012's post is spam.
  • I need help naming my new basenji pup!!

    Basenji Puppy Pen
    99
    0 Votes
    99 Posts
    75k Views
    misspodhradskyM
    Thank you Tanza. I was very curious. ill have to check out AKC. Thank you AgileBasenji. Yes i do live here so it would just be for fun and for some experience. I dont blame you on the points tho because it would be alot of money to not get anything out of it.
  • Oba needs a new name

    Basenji Puppy Pen
    34
    0 Votes
    34 Posts
    23k Views
    renaultf1R
    Good luck to you…I really mean that. :) One more thought on this... The most important people in my life are not just "yes men"...they can see when my judgment is clouded by emotion. We might not like what people have to say, but if you step back and look at comments objectively, you'll see that they are meant to help and to give a reality check. The senior members on this forum have HUGE EXPERIENCE...they have great advice, even if it hasn't always been what I've wanted to hear. Please...please...read lvoss' post and then read it again. To me, that is the clearest explanation as to what the danger is by rushing in.
  • Names ?

    Basenji Puppy Pen
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    9k Views
    P
    sweeet :) thats a cute name