• Oh My Goodness!!! He's GORGEOUS!!! I hope either BRAT gets ahold of him or he finds his forever home….too bad AJ is such a king.

• Wonder who the breeder is?

• I inquired more about the boy. Here is the email I received from the rescue group:

we have no restriction on adoption area….he is 6 1/2 mos old. came from a backyard breeder who thought she was going to make alot of money and then was stuck with puppies she could not sell so was giving them away and this person took this dog but did not really want this breed but did not want to go to the wrong person and brought him to us for placement...he has a typical basenji personality...she said he did not like her cats but has been doing well her as we have been working with him...paritally housebroken..loves people......bethann

The boy is welcome here if I can arrange transportation.

• Houston

He sure is pretty. I hope whomever gets him is basenji savvy..

• That guy is awesome!

• I know BRAT has been in contact with bethann, but she has yet to release him to BRAT. I am only 2.5 hours from him, so I may be able to help if someone wants to adopt him.

• @DiegosMom:

I know BRAT has been in contact with bethann, but she has yet to release him to BRAT. I am only 2.5 hours from him, so I may be able to help if someone wants to adopt him.

I've asked Bethann for additional information. Adoption application. Adoption fee. Neutered or not, etc. I'm 10 hours from the rescue organization. I would love some help if I'm approved for adoption. I'm waiting for Bethann's response.

• Vicki- I asked about adoption fees earlier this morning. She said starting at $140, small dogs and pups usually $150. depends on sex and size, as the adoption fee depends on cost to fix the animal. keep us posted.

• @DiegosMom:

Vicki- I asked about adoption fees earlier this morning. She said starting at $140, small dogs and pups usually $150. depends on sex and size, as the adoption fee depends on cost to fix the animal. keep us posted.

Sarah - Does BRAT pay an adoption fee? I would like to know this boy has a forever home and is with an owner who knows the breed and what to expect….as I'm listening to snarling over a toy!!! :rolleyes:

• @Vicki:

Sarah - Does BRAT pay an adoption fee? I would like to know this boy has a forever home and is with an owner who knows the breed and what to expect….as I'm listening to snarling over a toy!!! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if I'm answering your question- but from what I've been told, BRAT will pay for him if he is fixed and up-to-date on shots, and they will pay equivalent to what it would cost BRAT to do those medical things, so usually between $100-150. BRAT has been in contact with the rescue group, but she has not agreed to give him to BRAT. Hopefully if she keeps him she will do as she says in the post and place him with a home that knows B's.

• I emailed Bethann this morning and withdrew my interest in Benji because of transportation issues. She has two applicants that are Basenji savvy.

Suggested Topics