• K, another story I alluded to somewhere else:

AJ and I were in Bradenton, Florida spending the night one time waiting for a load. I took him for a nice long walk and on our way back to the truck, there was a Cuban family (Mom, Dad and about 4-year-old boy) who were watching AJ.
    AJ just loves children, so I asked if it would be okay for him to say "HI" to the little boy. The mom told me he was terrified of dogs because apparently when he was tiny, he was bitten. We were standing about 15 feet apart and I was keeping AJ on a tight lead right next to my leg. The little boy was peeking out from behind his mommy's leg, just staring at AJ with those huge black eyes.
    As his mom and I were talking, he edged out slowly from behind her leg…slowly....slowly...
    AJ just sat down and waited for him. Eventually, the little boy worked up the courage and approached AJ on his own. After a few minutes, he was petting AJ and getting licks and loves from my dog. His mom was so astounded all she could do was stand there and stare.
    His dad said something in Spanish to his wife, then Mom translated, "We never thought he'd ever be next to a dog. He's always been so afraid of them. This is good!"

Cheers

• @AJs:

K, another story I alluded to somewhere else:

AJ and I were in Bradenton, Florida spending the night one time waiting for a load. I took him for a nice long walk and on our way back to the truck, there was a Cuban family (Mom, Dad and about 4-year-old boy) who were watching AJ.
    AJ just loves children, so I asked if it would be okay for him to say "HI" to the little boy. The mom told me he was terrified of dogs because apparently when he was tiny, he was bitten. We were standing about 15 feet apart and I was keeping AJ on a tight lead right next to my leg. The little boy was peeking out from behind his mommy's leg, just staring at AJ with those huge black eyes.
    As his mom and I were talking, he edged out slowly from behind her leg…slowly....slowly...
    AJ just sat down and waited for him. Eventually, the little boy worked up the courage and approached AJ on his own. After a few minutes, he was petting AJ and getting licks and loves from my dog. His mom was so astounded all she could do was stand there and stare.
    His dad said something in Spanish to his wife, then Mom translated, "We never thought he'd ever be next to a dog. He's always been so afraid of them. This is good!"

Cheers

Way to go AJ!!

Suggested Topics