Skip to content

Watson is now a breed ambassador :)

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • An Ancient Breed Indeed

    Basenji Talk
    25
    1 Votes
    25 Posts
    8k Views
    eeeefarmE
    @scagnetti said in An Ancient Breed Indeed: @eeeefarm A friend of mine used to have a psychic dog act. Great trainer who fooled a lot of people. There has never been anyone I am aware of that could do the things Eisenmann did, but someone else apparently came close. https://americacomesalive.com/smart-german-shepherd-1927/#.Vecu7RFVhBc In the end it probably doesn't matter. If there were cues of some kind that many, many reporters missed, it would still be incredible for someone to achieve that high a level of cooperation from a dog. Most if not all trainers would be pressed to do the sort of thing Chuck did even if they walked beside the dog and instructed him on every step. I saw it, with the dog working far away from Chuck, too far for subtle cues, and no verbal instructions after the first conversational suggestion....
  • Kipawa is now home from the vet

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    11k Views
    lvossL
    It just takes time.
  • 6 Months Now

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    What a clever idea - when the grandson is back, I'm sure they will be wonderful bed buddies. A perfect resting place for a boy and his Benny.
  • Breed all about it: Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    NatalplumN
    And actually that video link I posted is just a 2 minute snippet. They one that aired was the whole show so maybe a half hour.
  • ALERT! Breed All About It

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    etzbsederE
    Yep, i'm watching it. I've seen it before, but it's still good. You can also catch a snippit about Basenjis on Dogs101 on AP too.
  • Attacked and now aggressive?

    Basenji Talk
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    21k Views
    B
    I have two females and two males that live together without problems. I have another female that has to be separated from the other two females and can only be with her male buddy. So I've had to separate into two packs. I have a mutt(short legged basenji:D ) that has seen all the basenjis come into the fold, four of the basenji's I trust around her two I don't. They're all different IMO. Male and female pairings seem to just work out the best. Raising them together as pups up's the odds for success, but things can certainly change as they get older. [image: kidsren.jpg]