• This is aimed at all the Scottish/North of England folks on here. I am thinking about organising an informal breed talk on the Basenji to help all of us relatively new basenji folk get a greater understanding of type etc. Lets face it apart from Basi and her mum we are all relative beginners with this breed. Irene Horner (Bokoto) has agreed to do an informal talk, so i just want to check interest and try to arrange a date possibly in November?

Venue would likely be Lanark or Larkhall - less than an hour from Glasgow/Edinburgh/Stirling/Carlisle - so we can hopefully attract some folk from over the border too.

Could any interested please pvt message me, with preferred times/dates i.e. would an evening during week be perferable to a saturday or sunday?

cheers

Scott

• Any chance you guys could video tape it and post it on YouTube so that those of us in the US could see it after?

• Update on this. The original idea was to organise a couple of breed talks on various hounds - it looks like this is going to be the format (think it will be Basenji and Saluki) which will ensure we will get most people at it. It now also looks like it will be early next year - between Crufts and Hound Show of Scotland. I cant think of any basenji show that could clash with it - but if anyone does, let me know. I think it is still Irene Horner doing the talk - i will update with venue/dates etc as and when available.

Renault1 - am not sure if it would be something we could video tape - the main thing at these talks is the they are kept informal and people dont feel scared to ask questions - I think knowing they were being filmed might make some people hold back and maybe not get as much out of the day as they should.

• @Elscodobermann:

Update on this. The original idea was to organise a couple of breed talks on various hounds - it looks like this is going to be the format (think it will be Basenji and Saluki) which will ensure we will get most people at it. It now also looks like it will be early next year - between Crufts and Hound Show of Scotland. I cant think of any basenji show that could clash with it - but if anyone does, let me know. I think it is still Irene Horner doing the talk - i will update with venue/dates etc as and when available.

Renault1 - am not sure if it would be something we could video tape - the main thing at these talks is the they are kept informal and people dont feel scared to ask questions - I think knowing they were being filmed might make some people hold back and maybe not get as much out of the day as they should.

That would certainly suit me better as will hopefully be back in Scotland then. Have seen a house that we are interested in, just have to hope it is still on the market around the 21st Oct as can't get back before then as going to Cyprus to see the in-laws:rolleyes:

• @basi:

That would certainly suit me better as will hopefully be back in Scotland then. Have seen a house that we are interested in, just have to hope it is still on the market around the 21st Oct as can't get back before then as going to Cyprus to see the in-laws:rolleyes:

Good news that u will be back in Scotland soon Jenny - Glad youve seen something your interested in - busy times ahead!

• Best date we have for this talk is either 20th or 27th March. Will post more info when its available.

cheers

• @Elscodobermann:

Best date we have for this talk is either 20th or 27th March. Will post more info when its available.

cheers

Have made a note Scott:D

Suggested Topics