Skip to content

Hello from Alaska!

Member Introductions
  • Hi everyone!

    My name is Malinda, and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska, along with my husband and son. We're owned by two b's, Javert and Jazzie. We were involved with rescue several years ago (Jazzie is a rescue from BRAT) but haven't been since we moved north. As can be expected, basenjis are few and far between in our area.

    It's great to see this forum!

    Malinda

Suggested Topics

  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    6
    2 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    P
    I own five basenjis. Two yodel until you have a headache and my female barks. She always did. Short clipped barks. I also researched the breed before getting my first and she is an excellent dog. My third basenji was a handful. Three years later and he has stopped his destructiveness etc. It was a hard three years. Lol. You never know with a basenji. Greatest breed. Loyal, active, funny but some require ALOT of patience.
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    nala121498N
    Welcome to the forum…and congrats on the new addition!
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    dashD
    @WriggleysMom: We've always had rescues and I feel like I've missed out on puppy antics, so I'm debating. Toby doesn't baroo or wag his tail and I really miss being met at the door with a welcome baroo and a tail trying to wag itself off!! I had a puppy and was getting the urge for another but now we have a 7-mo old foster and I can't take my eyes off her. I remembered I really did not miss that!
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    phoenix3P
    I have a question though how do i post pics so that you can see them in the page instead of having to open an attachment ? :)
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    8k Views
    B
    Welcome to the forum, growing everyday, informative and fun.;)
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    nala121498N
    Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll have lots to add with that many years of Basenji experience…enjoy! Ditto on the pictures!