• This morning I woke up to take Alani for her morning walk. I was a little tired and disoriented still and just threw on some clothes. When I got my coat on I walked to the door and I just let her out!:eek: I didn't put her collar on or anything I just let her out like it was a cat.

I've heard the stories of training that people talk about but have never chimed in because Alani knows the basics but not anything fancy and not by my doing.

When I walk her I've been making her stop and wait until I catch up so the pulling will stop if only for a minute. Thank god for that. I yelled stop, stay and she just waited for me to walk up to her and pick her up. Whew! I'm pretty sure my hands didn't stop shaking for a good hour after that.

• @spitfirekrl1:

I yelled stop, stay and she just waited for me to walk up to her and pick her up. Whew! I'm pretty sure my hands didn't stop shaking for a good hour after that.

I too can relate for this has happened to me. Isn't it a blessing that another dog walker or animal wasn't in eye shot of Alani? My husband took Duke out without his collar - we have an underground fence. I did not realize his collar was off until he came back inside (5 minutes later) and he came to greet me. I freaked! :eek: Whew! Either Duke knows and respects the ritual boundry lines or else nothing got his attention to bolt. I'm getting him micro chipped. Mistakes happen.

• WOW, yeah, title this: things we do to whiten our hair early! Glad it turned out okay!

Debra

• Sahara went out her doggie door once before I could get her collar on as well, but thank God she didn't go beyond her boundry. I also have the underground fence and she is afraid to go even close to the boundry. I had to spike it up b/c I found her in my neightbors yard once chasing a cat. The problem was she would not go back over the boundaries to get back in the yard. I had just got back from work when I saw her, I would freak if she disappeared. She will also chase the cars that pass my house, but stops short of the boundry. It is a good thing I have it or she would be dead by now. Sometimes when I come home from work it is dark and she is sleeping somewhere new in the house and I freak when I can't find her. I will start calling her and she comes to me slowly and stretching with a look like as if to say, " Yea, what do you want, I was sleeping sooooooo good". haha!!!!!:D

Suggested Topics