I had a minor heart attack today.

• While I've used both the walk in the opposite direction and the fall on the ground method and they've worked successfully to get my b's to come to me, I somehow think if I were on a busy street in Brooklyn and my b's got away from me, I'd have less chance of success of it working because of the overstimulation of the city environment.

One thing that I've done is trained with cheese - as only an occasional really high value treat for my 3. A couple of times when they've been let out (by me or by my brother), I've walked in the opposite direction yelling "hey, who wants some cheese." The times I've done that, I've walked into the house, leaving the door ajar, gone to the fridge and turned around and the missing b was in the kitchen waiting for their cheese. My brother even tried it at night one time (although he was telling me he was panicking thinking Liyah was gone for good), walked away yelling, "Liyah, cheese" (in a happy voice) and she pushed the door in after him to get her cheese. Behold the power of cheese! 🙂

Whether that method would work if they were chasing an animal remains to be seen…

• @renaultf1:

One thing that I've done is trained with cheese - as only an occasional really high value treat for my 3. A couple of times when they've been let out (by me or by my brother), I've walked in the opposite direction yelling "hey, who wants some cheese." The times I've done that, I've walked into the house, leaving the door ajar, gone to the fridge and turned around and the missing b was in the kitchen waiting for their cheese. My brother even tried it at night one time (although he was telling me he was panicking thinking Liyah was gone for good), walked away yelling, "Liyah, cheese" (in a happy voice) and she pushed the door in after him to get her cheese. Behold the power of cheese! 🙂

OMGosh, had to LOL at this because this is how I got Katie back the last time she was let out (by someone one not even allowed in my yard:mad:)….running down the block until I saw her yelling "CHEESE!! KATIE, CHEESE!!", while wielding a huge block of aged cheddar ready to throw at any passing car if she chose to run across the street in front of an unprepared driver. I was armed and dangerous:D.

• Or the other sure fire method for my kids is to open a car door and yell "go for a ride"…. Of course that would do me no good now, since Kristii in her elder years is a deaf as a door knob.....

Suggested Topics