Skip to content

First point!!

Basenji Showing
  • @Nemo:

    For at least the breeders I know locally the timing is bad for puppies. Many of the litters are still too young….including Zoni who will be three days shy of six months. I guess it will be a short day. :(

    It is early this year…..I wonder if some people assumed it would be the following weekend, like I originally did...

    I checked and it IS a major in both dogs and bitches...yeah, we will be back to Toledo before dark, I guess!

  • all i can think of is "hungry, hungry hippo"

    anyway, congrats on his first point. did you get a pic?

  • @agilebasenji:

    all i can think of is "hungry, hungry hippo"

    anyway, congrats on his first point. did you get a pic?

    We sing that to him a lot ;) We also call him "Hippo-Dippo" which seems to fit ;) I did get a pic, and hopefully it will be good enough to post :)

Suggested Topics

  • First show of the season…

    Basenji Showing
    30
    0 Votes
    30 Posts
    14k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Great results Irena and Petra
  • Zoni's First Point!

    Basenji Showing
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    7k Views
    tanzaT
    In the US, for AKC Championship your dog needs a total of 15 points with 2 major wins. Points go from 1 to 5pts, with 3,4 and 5 being considered major point wins. Points are assigned by groups of areas or large states, such as California is one area. Here is a link to AKC with the detailed explanation http://www.akc.org/events/conformation/counting_points.cfm
  • Baby Bella is Pointed!

    Basenji Showing
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    6k Views
    renaultf1R
    @lvoss: Here is Bella's win picture from Pomona. I don't think my dad noticed her accidently cropped out part of her rear. She looks nice - even with part of her missing :D:D! Congrats again!
  • First Major

    Basenji Showing
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    lvossL
    Congrats!!
  • What to do first

    Basenji Showing
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    lvossL
    @Kebasmom: I got the info in the mail yesterday so I know the ring number and the time and my numbers, I just didn't know where to get the armband. Thanks a million. Sure hope I don't fall on my face!! Karen Don't worry, even if you do fall it isn't the end of the world. I fell flat on my butt during the final go around with my girl Rally, and she still got BOW for a 4 point major to finish that day.
  • First Show???

    Basenji Showing
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    8k Views
    JannekeJ
    @lvoss: If you can find a copy, I would recommend trying to get a hold of a copy of the Basenji Stacked and Moving by Robert Cole. They are no longer in print and can get quite expensive but every so often you can luck upon a copy that is reasonably priced. Here is an online copy: http://www.basenjiclubofcanada.com/BCOC-BobCole.html