• Houston

I have read all these threads about the destruction and all the common B behaviors and thought to myself "not Otis, he is special", well he ruined that today. I was in the office playing around on the internet when all of a sudden I heard a pop…weird, I thought , and went out into the kitchen to investigate...in the middle of my kitchen floor is a lake of something pee colored...and Otis is in the middle of it, now looking pretty happy and stained tanish were he is usually white..what in the world...guess what it was?

He had found in the pantry, one of those papercartons of chicken broth and served himself up..by chewing on the carton until it popped, thus the lake..I thought I was going to loose it..he is happy and by now three other dogs are very happy stomping around in this lake of 4+ cups of chicken broth.....ARGGh!

So guess what he got...a shower...he deserved and needed it badly. I love the smell of soup with chicken broth type base, but not on my rug, in my cabinets, on my dog and absolutely not when it is 105+ outside...Darn dog.
    Just thought I 'd share..in my loosing it, taking a picture was furthest from my mind..but you can envision it.

• Ha! Ha! gald it was you and not me. Sorry I am sure it was a mess and not one but three. I bet they all love Otis now he can get them goodies. See you have those chickens and he just showed you what they are. Now I know why our pantry door locks just in case there is something in there that is just to good to turn away from.
    I am not going to say Jaycee has been a angel because it will come back to bite me. Like night Eli was sitting on sofa eating spaghetti and Jaycee jumped onto sofa and landed right in the middle of his dinner plate. Try getting that sauce off the white part of there hair that was no fun either. Hope rest of your day was good.

Rita Jean

• Great story!!! Thanks for sharing!! Were they all happily lapping up the stock when you found them ??

• Houston

oh yeah, it was a royal mess, but 4 very happy dogs and two kids desperatly trying to clean it up before "mom sees it". It was a mess. I just mopped the floors for the second time and I can still smell the stock. I think it went up under my dishwasher…that is what my hubby gets to do for fun friday night chores.

• Heh, it's bound to happen at some point. My B is also not the normal type of destructive basenji, but every blue moon he gets into something.

At least it wasn't anything toxic.

• Houston

At least it wasn't anything toxic.

except maybe me…LOL

• How did he get it? Pantry door open?

• @nobarkus:

How did he get it? Pantry door open?

C'mon, it's a Basenji. They use their superpowers. 😃

• Nicky can get into all of our cabinets, most of our drawers, and can open a standard refrigerator. Sophie has learned many of her uncles tricks for getting into things so we have baby latches on our cabinets and drawers and bought an upside down refrigerator when we moved into our current house.

• Houston

Well he didn't have super powers..or maybe he did. My lovely 4 yr old son thinks all doors shoul be left open, so it was conviniently opened for him..Of course Lukas has now heard that leaving the pantry door open is not acceptable..much to Otis' dissmay.
    Mu husband walked inl ast night, raving about how good it smelled in the house.."what are you cooking" of course that didn't help smoother my chagrin…

• @Basenjimamma:

Well he didn't have super powers..or maybe he did. My lovely 4 yr old son thinks all doors shoul be left open, so it was conviniently opened for him..Of course Lukas has now heard that leaving the pantry door open is not acceptable..much to Otis' dissmay.
    Mu husband walked inl ast night, raving about how good it smelled in the house.."what are you cooking" of course that didn't help smoother my chagrin…

Ah OK, the little guy was aiding and abetting Otis in the crime. Isn't this the same Otis that ate a tray of cinnamon buns?

• Houston

jepp, that would be the same Otis..I guess he wants his food cooked after all..and sweetened…and moistened with broth..gotta love him

• Of course we have to love them!! Who else would? I feel for you. Luckily, my little guy has never tried to help himself to the pantry/closet. And I often forget to close the door. I think, maybe, because there are bleach and vinegar bottles on the floor that he doesn't get interested in the rest above, (including boxes of stock) or maybe I'm just on borrowed time?!?

Suggested Topics