• I was wondering at what age you can start testing. I have a 5 month old puppy and a 2yr old I want to get tested. Not sure how or where to get it done. Any help would be aprecated. thanks in advance.

• You can order the test kits here and do the DNA swab at home: https://secure.offa.org/cart.html

Both your dogs are old enough to be tested. Even younger puppies can be tested.

• Yes, now that they have the cheek swab even 2 or 3 wk olds can be tested….

Don't forget that you need to register them on the CPP site (free) before sending in the cheek swab.

You can also find more information at www.basenjihealth.org

• Thank You. I wasn't sure when it could be done. I will look into both sites. I am also going to talk to my vet and see if they do any type of testing also.

• @KitKat:

Thank You. I wasn't sure when it could be done. I will look into both sites. I am also going to talk to my vet and see if they do any type of testing also.

DNA for Fanconi is not done by a Vet, well I take that back, if you wanted to send in a blood sample then your Vet would do that part, but since it is just a DNA Cheek swab, you would take the swab and send it off.

• And chances are that your vet will tell you that there is no test.
    Just because it has been available for nearly two years does not mean that they know it is now here.

You can do the fanconi tests without seeing a vet at all. Finger's crossed both your Bs come back NOT affected.

Suggested Topics