Skip to content

Test kits

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Urine Testing

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    8k Views
    D
    Did you receive a pedigree? Before the definitive Fanconi DNA test, I was testing my rescues for glucose in the urine at 2 years of age. I have not yet retested my dogs with the updated DNA test so they are still being tested for glucose in the urine. Jennifer
  • Ofa test kit

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Should I Do PK Test?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    sabaS
    I have the same idea Maya. I have heard that there are very few carriers left in the world, and that the disease appears to have nearly been erradicated, BUT, to my way of thinking, if there are even a few carriers left in the world, then Im sure I would be the "lucky" one who would put carrier to carrier, so testing for me was VERY important… Im actually a bit anal about testing anyway :D
  • Thyroid testing

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    sekoS
    Very good link, thank you for sharing it :cool:
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • What tests

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    6k Views
    2
    @jessi76: another vac I didn't see on your list is Lyme. Ask your vet about it IF tics are prevelant in your area. where I live, ALOT of dogs are coming down with Lyme disease (spread by deer tics), so I didn't even think twice about getting my dog the vaccine. although we keep him on a flea & tic preventative, the vaccine is another added precaution. like I said though, only if tics are an issue in your area. No, they don't seem to be a big deal here, the worst "pest" we have aside from fleas are chiggers or you may know of them as sand fleas. Thanks for you help.