Skip to content

Best place for pets meds, food, and products

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Not Interested In Eating His Food!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    32
    1 Votes
    32 Posts
    14k Views
    KebasmomK
    @Mmasco If you are still here will you please update me on your pup? I'm interested because I have two of Rocket Man's litter mates.
  • Meds for a UTI

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    D
    Have you received the results from the urine culture? Jennifer
  • Food Allergies Out of the Blue?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    D
    It might be a combination of food and seasonal allergies. The food/biscuits might be a slight problem but then added to the seasonal allergies, the allergies become major. Arnie has allergies and he rarely gets treats because of this and his kibble dog food is his treat. Does your dog also have a rash on his stomach area or the inner part of his rear legs? Arnie usually starts off with this and then if he is biting his feet I know the allergies are bad. He has not had this for a few years though! I would clean the area and this would help tremendously. Allergies are difficult to diagnose. The allergy season here in OH has been extended because of the crazy weather. If you have leaves on the ground that are/were wet, there could be mold, fungi, etc. on them and your dog is getting it on his paws. Jennifer
  • Pet health insurance

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    imbjI
    I'd check those with high customer ratings.
  • The Raw Food Diet

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    DarrenD
    mmm Sounds Tasty. I cooked Cairo's food for the first few years, then moved him to a raw meat diet for a few years. We had a Dalmation who liked raw food, and though she mothered Cairo he would eat this food unusually fast to stop her from getting it first. But when she died, he went off the raw meat so I resummed cooking it up. These days I find he prefers cooked food and eats more of it than with the raw stuff. But it never seemed to do him any harm so good luck with finding a diet that your B likes.
  • Retching food

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    nala121498N
    The poor baby! ((Hugs)) to you both. I will keep Cairo in my thoughts and prayers that an alternative treatment or solution can be found.