Skip to content

A little show brag

Basenji Showing
  • I haven't been able to enter too many shows in the past few years so when I bit the bullet and entered a local 4 day cluster of shows, the butterflies started swarming. Amazingly, once I stepped foot into the ring Thursday, everything sort of just fell into place. This was an outdoor show and it was windy, cold, and damp but Bindi showed very well all 4 days. She went Winner's Bitch and Best of Winner's Friday and Saturday and got 2 points closer to her championship! I am so proud of her! Now it seems I have been bitten by the show bug and I can't wait for the spring shows to get here so I can compete with her again!

    Kudos to Bindi's personal fan club Nicky and Liz (Mauigirl), Carrie (Andrew), and my best friends Steph and Chris for coming by to cheer her on!

    PS Bindi loves her new coat from Carrie and Nicky! Thanks guys!

  • WOOHOO…. Robyn and Bindi... way to go.... that is great....

  • Congrats all around Robyn! I knew you could do it!!

  • Congrats! It is addicting! :)

Suggested Topics

  • BRAGS from the UKC Shows this weekend

    Basenji Showing
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    11k Views
    Buddys PalB
    @Terry: where I got to see my first Decker Rat Terrier, looks very much like a Basenji with a docked tail! funny you should mention Decker Rat Terriers. I will be graduating Lexie from Obedience and here is a pic of her and Uzie. The first time I saw one in person and found myself daydreaming of a future family member/companion for Uzie. She sure has the moves when they are chasing each other, and so fast! Her coat is very fine and smooth, not saying I don't just love the wrinkles of my B boy! She is taller and her body is longer as well…They make a cute couple, eh? [image: attachment_p_161573_0_lexie-001a.jpg]
  • A little Brag

    Basenji Showing
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    ibi_n_saneI
    congrats!!
  • Not a brag..

    Basenji Showing
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    JannekeJ
    @Buana: Sorry to hear about the growling Janneke, but the report is very nice! Great pics of mister handsome :) Thanks for the nice comment :)
  • A few showing questions

    Basenji Showing
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    10k Views
    dmcartyD
    re: "A sanctioned match is important though, I believe new clubs must hold a certain amount of matches in a certain time frame before they're allowed to hold regular dog shows. Sorta like a trial run to make sure the club can do everything needed to run the event and take care of paperwork appropriately. Also already established clubs will hold matches in the evening after the show, and I have a feeling they are a good money maker for the club since they already have all the equipment and everything taken care of for the weekend." This is partly true - a club however in order to maintain it's status as a show giving club has to complete a certain number of components in a given year - a match can be one of them. Do some do it for money - maybe - but I'll tell you from experience that at the end of a show - about the last thing a show giving club is thinking about it's doing more work! we're typically too tired!!!!! In any event a match is good practice for the dogs, the judges and a great way to get your feet wet. You will have a blast.
  • How To: Show Your Dog

    Pinned Basenji Showing
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    25k Views
    misspodhradskyM
    Thank you everyone! Ill look at the book, try to get it. I also took a look at the site. Seems like it will help alots. Thank you ill keep that in mind. Ill have friends and family come over while im working with her and express their opinions of her. I will also keep in touch with my breeder. She doesnt do shows anymore but im sure she can offer up a little information…what is IMO? idk why but i never understood that. lol The show is actually in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It is given off the the Sioux Empire Kennel Club. Ill be working with her non stop until we go to that show. I figured well just see how she does and go from there. She may be good or she may just be pet material. Id like to try either way :)
  • Show results Int. Brabo Show In Antwerpen - Belgium

    Basenji Showing
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    5k Views
    No one has replied