Skip to content

New to the Forum Sky the Basenji Mix

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji mix??

    Show Off Your Dog
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    K
    OMG soooo cute. Her colouring and face don't look like a basenji, but maybe she's mixed with something with stronger genes. Do a DNA test. That would be fun!
  • 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    16k Views
    R
    Thank you Debra. Sayblee is a very good looking dog and I love the way adult Basenjis bodies fill out as adults. I like how the brown goes down her legs too giving the appearance of white socks. I will definitely keep your words in mind should I see any signs of aggression forming as he matures. I can only pray I luck out and he continues to get along well.
  • Is this a Basenji Mix?

    Show Off Your Dog
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    CrazySenjiC
    @Buddys: Actually, my first B was found running around and was not altered. Always a possibility since the canine need of procreation is pretty darn high up there with food, water, and air…... Oh I'm sure it does happen and will continue to happen but I just don't see it happening as much as rescues claim it happens. I know for a fact some shelters (the one I worked at did!) will label dogs as rarer breeds to get them adopted faster. We had two scruffy "doodle" mix mutts and the animal warden INSISTED they were Wired haired pointing griffons. LOL.
  • Is my new rescue a basenji mix?

    Show Off Your Dog
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    11k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    You are in Florida… a sad hotbed of byb/puppymill country. Yep agree with the rest, looks basenji to me too. You might contact Pam Hamilton because she'll know if you are in the hoarder area. I'll ask her to check in here.
  • What is my Basenji mixed with?

    Show Off Your Dog
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    9k Views
    J
    like this lurcher pie very old photo bull lurcher think its from [UK] [image: oldlucher.jpg]
  • Mix Basenjis

    Show Off Your Dog
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    TuckerVAT
    Look at the BRAT mixes: http://basenjirescue.org/DOGS-MIXES/Default.htm Check out Tia. I think that's what you are looking for. :) Then look at Tyson and Shiloh. Not the right coloring, but similar build and coat….