Gift Exchange: Basenji Buddies Summer 2008

• Esther,

I so glad everything got there okay and that your pack enjoyed everything. The orca toy insides don't last long at my house either:)

PS Your black and white b is beautiful! I'm in love with the reds but the other colors are growing on my too!

• pst, Shannon, all my b's are black and white 😉
    Gromit the half-breed Basenji is fula black and Vega the galgo has kind of a cinnamon colour.

Yes, they really love to throw the snake of socks around and the orca toy even managed to be thrown out of the window already…. they have fun.

Regards,
    Esther

• I am curious what are the snake socks?

• Hi Jenn,
    can you see the socks right underneath Banshee? This is the snake of socks. A pulling fun game for the B's. The socks ar knotted into eachother so they are kind of a chain/snake…

Regards,
    Esther

• Do you make it or is it a store bought toy?

• @ChaseandZahrasmom:

Do you make it or is it a store bought toy?

😃 🙂 I think Shannon made the snake herself. I cannot imangine, that she has a shop somewhere, where to buy old socks and knot them into eachother. But I think on the picture, you cannot see, that the socks are old. 🆒

Sorry, for that. No, I think it is a good way to give your "golf" socks (the ones with up to 18 holes) a last job. We use them as a tug of war toy for the b's because they can pull them, throw them and sometimes I do even operative surgery on a dead furry toy to get the squeeker out and put it into a sock of war. 😉

Regards,
    Esther

• that's brilliant Esther.. oh one day I might be knocking at your door for a little BW baby… your dogs are absolutely stunning!

• Thanks Lauren.

By the way, my grandmom lived in Lausanne for more than 30 Years. It is so nice there. I can remember parts of it, specially this old wooden bridge with the roof….

Regards,
    Esther

• was it Lausanne or Luzern/Lucerne?

I actually know both of them quite welll.. but Lucerne (swiss-german speaking city) has that lovely long wooden bridge with all the flowers. It's right in the middle of the city. Good memories of that bridge - had my first Swiss kiss there. 😛

Does your grandmum speak Swiss German? it's a super awesome language

• sorry, Luzern, was the City. I always mix them up.

My Granny did speak a little Schwizerdütsch but she was originally from Vienna and has learned it through the Years. She passed away more then 20 Years ago, but I still can remember the smell of Luzern and of special things around her.

Regards,
    Esther

Suggested Topics