Skip to content

This is not specific to Basenji's but…..

Off Topic
  • I was just watching the news, and today in Macon county Illinois, the authorities found and raided a puppy mill. Now there are over 50 dogs in an Animal Shelter split between Macon and Douglas county. They stated that the owner acted like their was nothing wrong even though there was no food and water and the puppies were crying. They went further to say that there were flies all over, and the smell was unbearable. Most of the dogs were suffering from severe trauma.

    This is just one more story to add to the many of animals suffering at the hands of Irresponsible humans just so they can make the almighty dollar.

    Jason

  • There is a special place in hell for folks who do this to animals.
    I totally believe that.
    I am sad for the dogs, but at least now the are being helped or put out of their pain.
    Sigh

Suggested Topics

  • Can't believe it's not a basenji

    Off Topic
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    21k Views
    G
    Sounds like that dog needs a nail trim. (long nails are my pet peeve… that sound on my floor would make me nuts} -Joanne
  • Where's AJ #22

    Off Topic
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    KipawaK
    Belinda, I forgot to mention how happy I was to see your post this morning. We have missed you and AJ! Do not forget about us. We love seeing you here.
  • Where's AJ #14

    Off Topic
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    AJs HumanA
    I love Chicago…most truckers think I'm a kook for having that opinion, but I've been known to go 75 miles out of my way just to sit in Chicago traffic. :D There's a certain energy in Chicago I can't find anywhere else in the world. And yes, that says a lot...I've been in major cities from Tokyo to Prague (Praha) to Munich to Seoul as well as amost every major city in the US. There's just something about Chicago.
  • Where's AJ next?

    Off Topic
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    10k Views
    nobarkusN
    @AJs: It's been a very long time since I read The Wizard of Oz. Is Wichita where the story starts? I googled "Dorothy's House Wichita" and nothing came up except ways to get to Liberal. That's where the house is that is advertised all over Kansas as THE Dorothy's House. From what I understand (and I have been wrong before…it could happen again) the house in Liberal is where they did some of the filming. But I love the Witch-ita reference...:D I think Dorthy's house was just considered to be a farm house "out in the middle of nowhere".
  • Looking for photo's

    Off Topic
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    MacPackM
    I just sent you a few humorous photos, will look through my files for better ones. All are by my husband Donald MacMillan. Anne (macpack)
  • It's almost over!!!!

    Off Topic
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    E
    Yay for you! Only 3 more weeks