• Hello World.
    Here are a couple of pictures of Nex ( 6 year old Auz / Shepherd mix ) and his new companion Freckles ( 5 month old Basenji / mix ). I adopted Nex when he was about Frecks' age. They have been together for 10 playful days. Both came from different local " Rescue Organizations" in the Northwest coastal area of Washington State.

[yt]fV4FgxHQdqo[/yt]

• Very handsome couple!! Love Freckles head!

And: Welcome!

• beautiful mixes! I have a B-mix too. (a "boxenji", lol)

• Hi,

The folks at the "rescue" have no history on Freckles, so I guess I can use my imagination. Nex's background is also a mystery. Most guess was Auz cattle dog & German shepherd, but based on his vocalizations I think he may be part Basenji.

I grew-up in Mattapan, attended Boston Technical High (class of 1963) and BU. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Welcome.
    You have good looking dogs.
    I live in the PNW, am often up in Bellingham to visit my family.
    Glad you found the forum.

• Awww, Freckles looks very Basenji-ish. What a face. I would've had to rescue that guy. Except for my most recent rescue having 67% approval ratings today, that is.:rolleyes:

• @sharronhurlbut:

Welcome.
    You have good looking dogs.
    I live in the PNW, am often up in Bellingham to visit my family.
    Glad you found the forum.

Thanks Sharon. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I think they are very special.
    Nex came from Whatcom Humane in Bellingham.
    Frecks from WA Shepherd Rescue, Everett/Arlington.

I've just "discovered" the breed.

• Well, bless your heart for taking 2 rescue dogs in.
    They are very lucky to have you.

• Welcome to the pack! Freckles looks like Nex just punched him in the eyes ๐Ÿ™‚ I love his markings. Both are cute looking dogs.

• "it looks like Nex just hit Frecs in the eye"

Good diagnosis Whiz :o

In the photo Frecs did have a slightly inflamed right eye. My vet prescribed sulphur based, antibiotic eye drops. It worked, but now Nex (his mature companion) is showing similar intermittent eye redness and pale yellow discharge. ๐Ÿ˜ž

At first I thought it was some irritant in my environment that Frec's was reacting to. But he's now over "it" and Nex is showing symptoms. So I have no clue.

Can Forum contributors offer insights / advice ? ๐Ÿ˜•

• Too funny! I have an Austrailian Shepard mix named Freckles! She plays with my basenji Dallas ๐Ÿ™‚

Your boys make quite a pair!

Suggested Topics