Skip to content

Shampoo

Basenji Health Issues & Questions
  • EL D laid in something in the garden that just made him very filthy (I suppose just the dirt if he rolled around) and so I had to give him a bath. The local pet shop had this stuff called BioGroom Natural Scents shampoo that was not soap and supposed to work without removing the tea/flick med nor mess with the natural slin oils. It cleaned him up pretty good and since I didn't have much choice at the store…
    But I'm just wondering what kinds of shampoo others would recommend?

  • hmm, i wondering that myself - what shampoo do i use? I used Aloeveen for Chilli (cos we used it for our jrt - Saki) She has no problems with it. But Chilli scratches alot and think its drying her coat? any ideas??

  • Charlie had VERY sensetive skin as a puppy and would get dry flaky skin if I wasn't careful, I use Cain & Able Pepermint and Tea Tree conditioning Shampoo on them both. I love that it has good natural oils in it and is a mild bug repelent.

    http://www.healthypetboutique.com/servlet/the-343/CAIN-&-ABLE-SHAMPOO/Detail

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    354 Views
    SavingS
    Urrggh sorry for the slow reply, the forum doesn't send me any notifications and it's so quiet I don't bother to check it regularly. Has he made any progress? If not, It sounds like you need to get an MRI done for Grady which may reveal more than the xray.
  • Belly Rash

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    24k Views
    SavingS
    Did she always have them or did they start after something/some time? Do antihistamines clear the problem?
  • Crystals in urine (cystine)

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    13k Views
    senjisillyS
    Sorry to be so late on commenting here. There are several Facebook groups you may want to join. 2 are Basenji specific. Bladder Stones Basenji - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505737939475808/ Canine Cystinuria - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1264949876904169/ The third group is secret and you need to be Facebook friends with a member in order to join. Contact me if you are interested in joining - Basenji Cystine Bladder Stone Awareness.
  • Weight issue

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    10k Views
    tanzaT
    @Rebel - Full blood workup including full Thyroid panel (full panel no just what the normal vet workup that is not a full thyroid panel)... as they say make sure that he is in good health. Also what are you feeding him? How much total are you feeding a day? Also with reducing food, add veggies to his food to fill his belly... green beans are good to use... I use Cauliflower and Broccoli... Note also that low normal is typically too low for Basenjis.
  • Not Interested In Eating His Food!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    32
    1 Votes
    32 Posts
    14k Views
    KebasmomK
    @Mmasco If you are still here will you please update me on your pup? I'm interested because I have two of Rocket Man's litter mates.
  • Spay Early or Spay Later

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    22k Views
    senjisillyS
    @mryltis Read this comment from @morgansc within this post dated May 30, 2019, 7:49 AM. It answers your question. Ideally it is best to wait until age 24 months but no early than 18 months. https://basenjiforums.com/post/177284