• I haven't been on in a while so I thought I would say hello again and give and update. Dash has been doing so well since we got the doggie door and are no longer crating him. Our tenant moved out so there is no longer a beagle puppy visiting all day every day. That said, we have also allowed the dogs full range of the house why we are gone. Our beagle still forgets to go outside to potty. I am not sure why. We will give her one more chance and then we will have lock her in the kitchen again. Our foster Basenji found a wonderful home within a mile from us. She is coming to stay with us this week since her owners our going out of town. I am so lucky she is close and we can maintain a relationship with them. Also, I got married last week so I am now Jennifer Gonzalez. We had a great honeymoon in St. Thomas and snorkeled everyday.

On a sad note, my kitty I have had since high school passed while I was on my honeymoon. His kidneys failed and their wasn't much we could do. Thank goodness I had a great housesitter to take care of him and get him to the emergency service. We are considering adding another to our home but with Dash I need one much like Giz was. If anyone knows of retired show Ragdolls or Ragamuffins, I think their personality will fit well. We are waiting for some responses now and I have one in mind that is at the humane society. I just want to make sure the cat does not mind being handled.

It seems like this board is growing exponentially. I can't believe home many new members their are.

Andrea, hope all is well with your pregnancy…

Jennifer

• Congrats on the marriage first of all! That is great news 🙂

Also good to hear such a positive update about your furkids! How ever did you get to the point where you could leave dash uncrated during the day while you are gone?!? I want to get Dallas like that buy I worry that he will destory everything he can get to in time…

I'm sorry about the loss of your kitty. I lost my cat just 5ish months ago [I'd had him for 16 years - I'm only 23] & it was one of the hardest things. Our pets truly become our family. May he RIP.

• @Ninabeana26:

Also good to hear such a positive update about your furkids! How ever did you get to the point where you could leave dash uncrated during the day while you are gone?!? I want to get Dallas like that buy I worry that he will destory everything he can get to in time…

Well, we didn't have much of a choice. He would freak out so bad in a regular crate he would make his feet bleed and pee everywhere and the expen he learned to lift it up and tip it so he could sneak underneath. So we decided it was a good time to try it and he has been happy ever since.

Suggested Topics