• These are all so awesome.. I love the 'sitting backwards in the car' wonderful mental images. 🙂

• Jack buries his bones in the house too! He used to bury them in couch cushions until we made him stop (it gets slime all over the cushions. He knows he is only supposed to have them on his Binki) now he buries them in corners and under blankets.

He also tries to stand on the end tables, which we have been discouraging (glass end tables, I'm a little worried he will break them and get hurt). In fact, it seems like he tries to get as high as possible…the back of the couch, the back of the arm chair, on my shoulder...

• @Ninabeana26:

Dallas also is still a squatter when he pees & I am getting him fixed next month so it seems like he will always be one. I'm grateful for that though. When he goes in his crate he only goes in his crate & not all over the walls, carpet, etc. :p

Charlie used to squat all the time….he started lifting his leg at about 2 years old. It was the strangest thing. I was sure he would never take up leg lifting. Now he does it all the time....unless it's raining super heavy ...then it's back to the squating. 🙂

• Congo tries to lick us dry if we have just come out of the shower. In order to get out attention he will sit with his back to us and then try to flip his head around in weird little circles as if he is trying to give us attitude. WHen I get home from work he gives me a talking to for leaving him alone.

• well, as he is my first basenji i think most everything Zumi does is quite odd, silly me being used the shepherds. He too likes to lick legs, i have no idea why but he is fascinated in newly shaved legs. He likes to ricochet off of things, especially when doing the B500. anything will do, including but not limited to people, couches, walls, a grumpy cat, side tables and the other dogs.

He also is quite annoying in his need to constantly touch me. I can barely sit for a moment without him clamoring onto me. His favorite spot is when i sit on the couch, he squeezes between the back of the couch and my neck, curling around my neck. He also MUST sit of feet. its his "thing" even if walking he will try to sit on your foot. and always when your trying to do something. He is fascinated by junebugs,and mosquitoes, butterflies and moths.
    For food, he is not food motivated at all! i find this very weird, but the only food item he comes galloping full out for is oranges. He LOVES oranges.

I'm really not sure yet what is weird behavior as B's are completely new/alien to me and my little guy is only 5 months old.

~Charlene

• I forgot to mention the perfume samples in the sunday paper…just got a bunch this weekend and EL D went wild rolling all over them, biting them (I guess to scrunch them up). This is not like the disgusting things outside that he rolls in (like horse droppings); the perfume packet rolling goes on and on and on. He smells for days after. 😃

• Jack also hides his treats in the couch he buries it in the couch or somewhere, then digs it up a few minutes later and eats it. and you CANT CANT CANT watch him hide it he HATES that! lol Geoff and I have to cover our eyes before he'll calm down and hides it. lol. He does the licking dry, rolls in the carpet wherever i dry my hair after a shower (for the smell i think) squats to pee, scared of the sweeper…and does the B500 to the couch and bites the blanket too (just like Tosca). Its too funny...and he LOVES to play Peek-a-Boo with Aiden in a giant box...He is SO Funny!!! I love it!!

Suggested Topics